IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Have a look at all the Symbian phones.
Symbian is best described as aggressively multi-tasking: the apps must actively support it to work. So ironically, my G900 fulfills all your requirements, including a decent camera with zoom and adjustable focus.

I was going to wait until Android solidifies, but I was ready for an upgrade now. :-) Consumerism at work. Besides, it looks like it's aiming to take on the Windows Mobile/iPhone space and I wasn't sure I wanted to go that far yet. I feel Symbian is just being itself for the moment. My MS avoidance is a bit more prosaic: I don't want to give Microsoft more money, if I can help it.

Two year contracts I have no problem with, but then I don't get into fights with my provider (Optus). They can't really afford to piss people off grand deluxe; the market's too hot.

Wade.
New Thanks.
Some of the SE phones looked like good fits for my wants, but they're all GSM AFAIK. Sprint uses CDMA, so I'd have to change vendors too. That would be good in some respects (GSM phones generally have better battery life, or did the last I looked), but it means spending time choosing between Verizon, AT&T and maybe T-Mobile. I haven't wanted to spend the time lookng at all the issues, mainly because of the contract...

Cheers,
Scott.
     The UI of "smart phones"? - (static) - (18)
         I'm trying to wait before getting a modern smart phone. - (Another Scott) - (7)
             Have a look at all the Symbian phones. - (static) - (1)
                 Thanks. - (Another Scott)
             Wrong concern, IMO - (drook) - (4)
                 Good points. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 And you would improve on RIMM's business plan how? :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     Didn't suggest it was a bad business plan ... for *them* - (drook)
                 Again, its the idea that: - (folkert)
         Re: The UI of "smart phones"? - (altmann) - (3)
             IE. - (static)
             Let alone it crashing and losing its mind all the time... - (scoenye) - (1)
                 Y'know, my first experience with Windows Mobile was good. - (static)
         Speaking of UIQ... - (folkert) - (2)
             It's another win for the Beast. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             Yah. - (static)
         also hang around here - (boxley)
         Maybe I'll end up being very glad I waited. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             I heard a clip on CNBC with Palm's CEO. - (a6l6e6x)

Hello, boys and girls! Here we are in Romper Room school again!
143 ms