IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New how to measure NDE
http://www.timesonli...rticle5324234.ece
On top of that, quantum non-locality could mean the mind is capable of being non-local to the brain, of floating to the ceiling of the room. It can become, as Stapp puts it, “unglued”. His words “certain choices not specified by the physical dynamics” are world-changing. This idea would, if widely accepted, end the reign of scientific materialism, replacing it with a new dualism. It would mean the universe is not a “causally closed” system, locked down since the big bang, as mainstream science has always insisted it is, but open to freedom of choice by the autonomous, floating, matter-altering mind. We would have regained our souls.
New Good article
New Rilly-old Qs and a few moderns wise enough to actually Look
Nice; concise and intelligent to boot.

'There are more things, Horatio ...
between Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
As usual, the Bard was way ahead of the plodders.

John Mood (or was it, Moody?) wrote Life after Life ~ '70s, nor was it the first (just first popular) tome on the topic. OBE has, of course, been around since Sanskrit was invented for the sole aim of being able to talk, exchange information about such er, meta-physics.

Hmm.. even the few replies are al punte and in actual English.

Also there are many such tales, witnessed, documented (Notarized, even) -- much like when the Germans made a special 'certificate' for the file of a captured US airman who jumped? fell from a plane sans parachute .. into a freshly plowed field and landed the Smart-way = flat-on-back. Tales of clear observation of activities, objects (like the sneaker on a window pane/sill.)

For all our technology, nobody has yet seen a thought, nobody has shown how matter becomes mind. How it does remains one of the most profound questions any human ever asks himself.

Enter quantum mechanics.

Logic.. is never enough, except for the bone-simple.
New Just bear in mind...
...the words of Zodiac Mindwarp: "I opened the doors of perception so wide, I couldn't get the buggers shut again".

The fact that we don't know how the mind works, or how we arrive at having one in the first place, should not be our cue to start making up all sorts of freaky woo-woo shit (or, the outrider of such, "quantum mechanics", ill-applied) to fill in the blanks.

It'll be quantum reiki shamanic ley-line crystals as an insight into the soul, next.
New 3p a bag no doubt as you are led to your very own machine
New Hey.. as an avocation it beats
listening to 10,000 sound-alike riffs on a teensy pocket reverse-EKG thing, during most 'waking' hours. Haven't seen the data on how That sensual-assault affects cognition (or even ignition.. let alone superstition.)

A matter of preferences. (Only the proselytizing-class insists upon homogenization of choices in the rearranging of neurons. Or in 'defining Reality'.)

Sic Transit
New Good article, but bad science in both directions
The idea that there is nothing beyond what science shows is very, very much against the way science works.

Tthe idea that quantum physics shows that the universe is not 100% predictable proves anything at all about the existence of the soul is a more than quantum jump.

And the idea that the stuff experienced at the point of death evolved to comfort the psyche assumes that evolution gives a rat's ass about a psyche that isn't in a position to be a tool for reproduction either directly or by supporting relatives or the village.

I do have an idea about there maybe being some biology underlying the Hero's Journey, but I don't feel like going into that right now.

New I'll drink to that encapsulation -
(especially re pureeing QM into a horse of-another-colour in the minder-blender.)

Logic is such a powerful tool for 'solving' {what we happen to momentarily define as} 'problems', it's hardly surprising that it may also mimic that proverbial hammer-user looking for another nail. Some never graduate to the screwdriver, let alone the laser interferometer.

Clearly the emotional center highly-customizes the most sophisticated search algorithm which intellect got to like, while instinct always reserves its instant-trump: when walking too-near that cliff edge.

The Mystery that there is Anything-at-all continues to flummox the jelloware, at its primitive level of development. Should provide food for dissertations another 66 years, at least. (When all else fails -- homo-sap often picks a fav Authoritarianism and makes it all go away, sorta.)

Love. It.
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
-- H.L. Mencken
New Sigh
Yeah, I lived that for the last 45 years.

Please explain the hidden objects.
     how to measure NDE - (boxley) - (8)
         Good article -NT - (crazy)
         Rilly-old Qs and a few moderns wise enough to actually Look - (Ashton) - (6)
             Just bear in mind... - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 3p a bag no doubt as you are led to your very own machine -NT - (boxley)
                 Hey.. as an avocation it beats - (Ashton)
             Good article, but bad science in both directions - (mhuber) - (2)
                 I'll drink to that encapsulation - - (Ashton)
                 Sigh - (crazy)

Better graphics than the Amiga!
94 ms