IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Real life? Who's real life?
No wonder khasim has been reaming you so hard. Your "real life" is as meaningless to the other 5.9999 billion other folks as my "real life" is. Clue. Life is an illusion. Just because the sun appears to "rise" in the east every morning and has done so for quite a long time, doesn't mean that it's a "fact" that it will happen again tomorrow. It's probable, but no guaranteed.

I don't know you personally, but if you are one that is prone to "dismiss the outlayers", watch out! Chaos exists and is waiting to blow away your childish notions about truth and facts... Some even suggest that the only truly meaningful observations are the outlayers (such as evolution - mutations). FWIW, I understand what you are trying to say, but you are not helping yourself by not admitting that you are just another poor dumb human being with all the handicaps that are associated with being a member of such a limited and ignorant life form... :-)
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

"I'll tip my hat to the new constitution, take a bow for the new revolution, smile and grin at the change all around, pick up my guitar and play, just like yesterday..."

P. Townshend

"Nietzsche has an S in it"
Celina Jones
New The sun'll come up tomorrow...
Betch yer bottom dollar that tomorrow
There'll be sun.

Diurnal cycles are conspicuously indifferent to your desperate pedantry.

I suppose you'd like us all to ignore Newtonian physics just because Einstein came along, and then ignore Einstein in exchange for some New Age beebling, because you're done with him now that he's helped you prove yourself more clever than Newton. There are a lot of well informed engineers who will tell you to go step off a cliff and accelerate toward the Earth's center at 9.8 meters per second squared, give or take a bit. Whether you plummet because of Newton or because of General Relativity will be all the same to them. But if you think you're gonna levitate buoyed by your superior intellect, you're in for a shock. The universe doesn't think you're so smart, and neither do I.

Now as for me, I might just levitate because of my superior intellect. But only indirectly. The fact that I come to terms with gravity by mounting a hang glider would be the gating factor. And the great thing about this way of dealing with things is it works, regardless of whether you follow Einstein, Newton, or Ptolemy.

Either you accept that reality is what works, or what doesn't work dominates your "reality." Things that don't work are for losers. You can keep them. And after you've chosen what doesn't work, don't expect me to pay homage. It ain't gonna happen.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfir...e/index.html]
Truth is that which is the case. Accept no substitutes.
If competence is considered "hubris" then may I and my country always be as "arrogant" as we can possibly manage.
New When I think of a day that grey and lonely...
I just pick up my chin and grin and say...

Have a happy day...

And by the way...

I'm a loser...

And you're a winner...

You're the best...

You have science...

Just remember the flat earth, there, pup...
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

"I'll tip my hat to the new constitution, take a bow for the new revolution, smile and grin at the change all around, pick up my guitar and play, just like yesterday..."

P. Townshend

"Nietzsche has an S in it"
Celina Jones
     Truth, facts, and sour grapes. - (marlowe) - (64)
         And that's your "Truth"? - (Brandioch) - (28)
             For those who need to think in concrete terms. - (Brandioch)
             Planet of the Whiners. - (marlowe) - (2)
                 Reply to my other post, then. - (Brandioch)
                 Whiners and the truth - (nking)
             To illustrate it with math. - (Brandioch) - (23)
                 It's not a coin toss for all of us. - (marlowe) - (22)
                     Before you go... If I may... - (Another Scott) - (3)
                         Don't forget the initial assumptions. - (Brandioch)
                         If that's really his point... - (marlowe) - (1)
                             Reality just doesn't exist for you, does it? - (Brandioch)
                     No random chance here - (nking)
                     You still don't want to see the facts. - (Brandioch) - (4)
                         Some people have to lie to get to the truth - (nking) - (3)
                             One more time... - (mhuber) - (2)
                                 That wasn't the big one - (drewk) - (1)
                                     I see that as a condemnation of - (mhuber)
                     Once.. such hubris might have been entertaining - (Ashton) - (7)
                         How hubristic of you to presume you know better than I. - (marlowe) - (6)
                             Marlowe defeated the Nazis? - (Brandioch)
                             Ah.. there's the root/rub: John Dewey Pragmatism lives! - (Ashton) - (4)
                                 I'm still waiting for him to explain Clinton. - (Brandioch) - (3)
                                     Attila got even More done.. - (Ashton)
                                     Only on planet Brandioch. - (marlowe) - (1)
                                         Thus proving my point. - (Brandioch)
                     Another illustration - The Placebo Effect. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                         Re: "The Truth" according to the Rev. Ashcroft. - (a6l6e6x)
                         Oops - blong under Alex, re Ashcroft - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Yes, one can always hope for s sense of humor. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         A relevant fact you should note - (ben_tilly) - (29)
             Re: A relevant fact you should note - (Steve Lowe)
             Duly noted. - (marlowe) - (27)
                 Mrs. Scarlett, in the library, with the candlestick. - (Brandioch)
                 Since this is the Religion, Philosophy and Meta - (screamer) - (25)
                     Real life is the reference point. - (marlowe) - (24)
                         Real life? Who's real life? - (screamer) - (2)
                             The sun'll come up tomorrow... - (marlowe) - (1)
                                 When I think of a day that grey and lonely... - (screamer)
                         Oh, and by the way, did you even read my post? - (screamer) - (20)
                             You realize you're agreeing with him? - (drewk) - (19)
                                 To quote Professor Jones. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                     Too easy - (drewk) - (1)
                                         Which brings us back to "The Truth" (please note the "T"'s) - (Brandioch)
                                 I'm affraid I can't give you that point entirely... - (screamer) - (12)
                                     Certainty != Truth - (drewk) - (11)
                                         Shame on me... Semantics 101 - (screamer) - (10)
                                             What I meant - (drewk) - (9)
                                                 It's good to see you finally joining me. - (Brandioch) - (6)
                                                     Gee, tough question - (drewk) - (5)
                                                         Ah, another "proof" of my point. - (Brandioch) - (4)
                                                             Your point is rather dull - (drewk) - (3)
                                                                 Re-read your posts. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                                                     No need - (drewk) - (1)
                                                                         Yes you do need to. - (Brandioch)
                                                 Fair. - (screamer) - (1)
                                                     What we clever animals are up to - (Ashton)
                                 Recall the full quote. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                     I don't see the problem - (drewk) - (1)
                                         So why can't you answer my question? - (Brandioch)
         Having read for comprehension, with all previous judgments - (Ashton)
         a couple of thoughts - (boxley) - (1)
             Well, that's what you get for not doing a reality check. - (marlowe)
         But you can't. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             You even quoted it - (drewk)

NullPointerException
81 ms