IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Anyone surprised to see this?
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/02/campaign.wrap/index.html

"The Republican Party of Pennsylvania launched a last-minute television ad that calls attention to Barack Obama's relationship with the Rev. Jeremiah Wright."
Regards,
-scott
<i>Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.</i>
New They just found out? Slow up there.
New November surprise, obviously
The thing is, Philly is where Obama gave his Save My Bacon speech about race, a month before the Penn. primary. So it's not as if the people in Penn. haven't heard about this before either.
Regards,
-scott
<i>Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.</i>
New Not really.
When you've only got one playbook, it limits your options.

Oh, he was a Muslim, too, you know.

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2008/04/obamas-pastor-w.html

:-/

Cheers,
Scott.
New not surprised but I have a question for you
have you ever been to a city central black church during a service? If you had, you would not be surprised that wright was an ex "black muslim" which isnt the same as a "muslim" had that conversation with a turkish friend of mine recently. He was surprised at the differences but was informed before hand not to interupt
Yes, Virginia, there really is an Obama Claus. You can hear him shouting, "On Pelosi, on Reid, on Kennedy, on Biden. Cash away, cash away, cash away all!"
New Yes, I have.
Only a couple of times, when I visited my mother and she wanted to go. While the minister wasn't black, the vast majority of the congregation (90+%?) and church leadership was. This particular church preaches a variation on the "Jesus wants you to be rich; please donate as much as you can so that Jesus will bless you 1000x over" meme. :-(

I do recognize that Elijah Muhammad's brand of Islam is different in many respects from the traditional Islamic faith, but I don't know the details.

Just to be clear, I wasn't saying earlier that there was anything wrong with Wright formerly being a Muslim (of whatever stripe). Just trying to point out that wackos who find *any* sort of tie by Obama to Islam threatening (whether genuinely or not) were finding such ties scary in April. I'm a little surprised that they're not being recycled now along with the rest of the stories about him.

Cheers,
Scott.
New like I have mentioned before
a large group of the unwashed whose news comes from gossip over the fence are sure obama is a foreigner and muslim. In texas polls indicate that 23% of texans beleive that. On the other side, a lot of the same folks are so disgusted by bush but will never vote democrat, these people will sit on their hands this cycle. I think the unknown in both directions is 10% of the voters
Yes, Virginia, there really is an Obama Claus. You can hear him shouting, "On Pelosi, on Reid, on Kennedy, on Biden. Cash away, cash away, cash away all!"
New dollar bill preacher, we have a bunch of them here
     Anyone surprised to see this? - (malraux) - (7)
         They just found out? Slow up there. -NT - (beepster) - (1)
             November surprise, obviously - (malraux)
         Not really. - (Another Scott) - (4)
             not surprised but I have a question for you - (boxley) - (3)
                 Yes, I have. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     like I have mentioned before - (boxley)
                     dollar bill preacher, we have a bunch of them here -NT - (boxley)

Drink and the Devil have done for the rest!
86 ms