IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Win or lose, fight over Republican party makeup is brewing
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-gop28-2008oct28,0,3963149.story
----
The social conservatives and moderates who together boosted the Republican Party to dominance have begun a tense battle over the future of the GOP, with social conservatives already moving to seize control of the party's machinery and some vowing to limit John McCain's influence, even if he wins the presidency.

In skirmishes around the country in recent months, evangelicals and others who believe Republicans have been too timid in fighting abortion, gay marriage and illegal immigration have won election to the party's national committee, in preparation for a fight over the direction and leadership of the party.
----
This is likely to blow up into a huge mess in the highly likely case of McCain losing. Even if McCain wins, it will be big but the moderates will have more sway and it will be quieter.

I don't know how this will play out, but it is sure to be amusing.

Jay
New Good.
They need to get back to actual small government, fiscally responsible ideals and leave the social crap alone.

The best thing that could happen to the Republicans is to fence the social conservatives off somewhere else to fade into obscurity.
Regards,
-scott
<i>Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.</i>
New Yeah, but right now they're winning.
A more likely outcome will be marginalizing the GOP
New need to have a social conservative party in this country
where they can wear their brownshirts and march in lockstep together. Smaller government and fiscal conservatives should keep the republican party.
Out of my wallet and out of my bedroom could be the new repo slogan
if lemmy and god had a wrestling match who would win?
New Yep.
Regards,
-scott
<i>Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.</i>
     Win or lose, fight over Republican party makeup is brewing - (jay) - (4)
         Good. - (malraux) - (3)
             Yeah, but right now they're winning. - (Andrew Grygus)
             need to have a social conservative party in this country - (boxley) - (1)
                 Yep. -NT - (malraux)

So yeah, this is a thing. One of those things that you come across online that makes you think, "That's enough internet for the day."
37 ms