IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Computer-generated actors
I've seen an article in NY times on that latest movie ("Final Fantasy"?) that employs "live" animated characters. The photo of the main female chracter on the page was extremely convincing. Then I realized that this beautiful girl does not exist in real life... That was a sad feeling.

I wonder if others feel this way. If I am not alone, this is going to kill digital actors, I am afraid...
New The same goes for live actors
Once you consider makeup and lighting and camera effects. What's on the screen is fantasy. Regardless of how it got there.

White guys in suits know best
- Pat McCurdy
New Re: The same goes for live actors
Live ones have different feeling. I can hear an ews about him/her that does not fit the screenplay. Looking at that computer-generated face is like reading a long and well-written sequel stopped in a middle of third book. "Well, this girl plays in that great movie, and then?"
New Also dead actors
can be brought back via the computer. They could cast a digital version of John Wayne, or Elvis, or Marilyn Monroe for a computer animated movie. Or if they got it complex enough, place the face over a body-double.

Hollywood is just smoke and mirrors and makeup and special effects. None of it is real. Not even the live action flicks.
"I can see if I want anything done right around here, I'll have to do it myself!"Moe Howard
New Some say that it's not only movies..
All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts ...

(Of course, always there are those who imagine a play to be - what they call 'real'. No accounting for taste, I guess)

Digital, analogue: it's all in your mind!

A.
who isn't real either.
New I guess it's all a matter of degree...
Immortal actors: the only real alternative to computer-generated ones.
:)
New "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid"
[link|http://us.imdb.com/Title?0083798|Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid] done without computers

This celebration of the black and white movies of the 1940's and 50's is a very clever and very amusing film. Extracts from celluloid classics are skilfully spliced into the action
Jay O'Connor

"Going places unmapped
to do things unplanned
to people unsuspecting"
New One of my favs
I really like Steve Martin films, that was one of his best. They did splice in scenes from older movies, and made it very funny.

"Cleaning woman!" ;)

"I can see if I want anything done right around here, I'll have to do it myself!"*nbsp; Moe Howard

New Re: Computer-generated actors
I highly enjoyed Final Fantasy. I have to admit, there's a scene where Aki is in a dress and bends at the waist (as women are wont to do). And I'll be damned if it didn't get a rise out of me. Of course, she's got a body nobody can have (it's the skimpy waistline, she actually has a fairly small to middlin chest) outside of animation. But I look forward to whatever Square does in the future. They plan to use Aki in future films, either their own or for others. Really excited about it, she was an interesting persona.

The only thing that was missing was tears. I don't think it's a technical problem (there are tears in Twisted Metal: Black on the PS2 for instance), but more they spent their budget early. Other than that, you'd almost never know it was a computer animation...

Rob Nelson
ronelson@vt.edu
     Computer-generated actors - (Arkadiy) - (8)
         The same goes for live actors - (mhuber) - (6)
             Re: The same goes for live actors - (Arkadiy) - (5)
                 Also dead actors - (orion) - (4)
                     Some say that it's not only movies.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                         I guess it's all a matter of degree... - (Arkadiy)
                     "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid" - (Fearless Freep) - (1)
                         One of my favs - (orion)
         Re: Computer-generated actors - (ronelson)

CLIENT LIB
66 ms