IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Smudging and psychic vampires
Work has been difficult. I'm finding that I'm internalizing the problems and diseases of all my patients. I cant let it go. It's bringing me down. Waaaay down. I've been doing this kind of work over 20 years. Why is so hard to cope now?

Western medicine, religion and philosophy have only taken me so far. I've been exploring alternative perspectives and methods of healing. As far as I'm concerned, it just another way of explaining the same truths. And it's interesting.

This weekend I approached two different psychic healers independent of each other. They both told me the exact same thing. Part of me was stunned. The other part knew all along.

I'll spare you the details, but it was suggested that I protect myself using a number of tools, one of which is smudging. I just got done smudging my house with white sage (Salvia Family). Yes. Smudging.

Comparing my baseline to how I feel now, I can honestly say I feel peaceful. Buzzy. Can you get high off this stuff? Am I suffering a lack of O2 from smoke inhalation? The house stinks. My kids think I'm insane. But I feel good. I would have to say the smudging was a success.

Box, I would like to talk to you about a few things. What is your email again?

New Re: Smudging and psychic vampires
White Sage (aka California Coastal Sage, Giant Sage) is a highly medicinal plant. It is the #1 item for smudging and is said to be excellent for purifying and driving away "things".

My main use for it has been if I get a runny nose. I make up a pot of strong sage tea and drink it a cup now and then during the day. It doesn't taste very good but it sure does keep you dry, and with no bad side effects.

I don't think you can get high off of the smoke, but then I haven't been intensely exposed to the smoke - most smudging ceremonies I've participated in have been in relatively drafty environs (yurts and tepees). I doubt it used up much of your O2 though.

As a comparison of power, last time I got a badly runny nose I was out of white sage and brewed up several strong pots of my fresh garden sage. I drank lots and lots of it and it had no effect whatever (but it tasted better than white sage).
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New I bought a big fat bundle
And lit the whole thing. There was A LOT of smoke. Now I know what not do.

Thanks for your info and for not poking fun at me.

I'll shoot you an email soon.

New "The road of excess leads to a palace of wisdom" - Wm. Blake
The best way to find out how much is enough is to try too much.

I do this a lot in cooking but try to go real easy on how much too much to try
New And as far as the kids are concerned . . .
. . just tell them their mom is a borderline psycho and they need to be quiet and behave so she stays on the right side of the border.

If reinforcement is needed, run down to the hardware store and buy shiny new hatchet and stash it in your dresser drawer (acting as though you don't think anyone's watching).
New They get freaked out when I hold a steak knife
... and mimic the music from the "Psycho" shower scene.

I dont think I need to buy the hatchet.

New sweet grass is good for smudging, I like it
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Sweet Grass isn't much used around here except . . .
. . by visiting dignitaries from the plains states and other inland regions.

The general procedure here is to pull some hot coals from the fire (with your fingers if you've got the balls, muscular coordination and experience to know where to grab them) and place them in a large abalone shell. The sage is then piled over and fanned with a hawk wing or whatever you have. The smoke is spread about the premises accompanied by prayers, chanting, drumming or whatever combination works for you.

Of course large abalone shells are hard to get in most places and hawk wings are illegal except for Indians** - and even then are supposed to be certified as natural kill (power line maintenance crews sometimes find freshly killed eagles and hawks and turn them over to local tribes). All is not lost because other natural items can be used.

Note that sweet grass, native to both North America and Eurasia (north of Switzerland), was used on the doorsteps of European churches long before the discovery of America.

** Indians. I've dropped the "Native American" tag on advice. When the film Pocahontas was being made the crew employed a well known cultural figure as a consultant. When asked if they were doing anything that would be particularly offensive to his community he answered, "No, except stop calling us 'Native Americans'. We're Indians". My source here is an interview on KUSC of the guy who wrote the score for the film.
Expand Edited by Andrew Grygus Dec. 2, 2007, 08:26:51 PM EST
New fits for sothron native americans I guess
yupiks just liked to be called people :-) We have the abalone shell. use sweet grass, white sage or cedar to fragrance the house. Have eagle feathers but they stay in the drawer. Our drum hangs on the wall along with other tools and art.
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Cool!
The universe is full of energy and when you, due to your occupation, must deal with a lot of negative energy, there must be a way for you to dissipate it. What better way than to use healing herbs!

Remember in The Secret when the lady with breast cancer said she watched comedies to keep her stress level down? I love that advice. I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, but laughter is such a powerful healer. I guess that is why I like to do goofy shit all the time. If I hadn't been able to laugh all these years, I would have been toast. (you know what I am talking about, dahlink ;-) )

Thank you for sharing this. I think our house could use a good cleansing now that we are past the rough waters. Time to start fresh...maybe it will help my cats to stop fighting with each other <VBG>

From one Goddess to another!
Smile,
Amy
New Well, I gotta tell you
As of this morning, I still feel good. Really, really good.\\

Interesting.
New Wish computers responded...
to smudging. The problem is...

MOST data centers and co-locations facilities are "smoke free" and frown on this type of thing.

It would probably take care of MANY MNAY problems.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
PGP key: 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0  2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
Alternate Fingerprint: 09F9 1102 9D74  E35B D841 56C5 6356 88C0
Alternate Fingerprint: 455F E104 22CA  29C4 933F 9505 2B79 2AB2
New It was also recommended that I smudge my office
I'm usually the last one out so I'm bringing in a tiny bit of sage to at least do my cube- maybe the department. If I set off the fire alarm or get fired, will let you know.

Re: computers, I have been crashing them left and right. I killed 2 of mine and I simply took a coworker's notebook out of the docking station and killed it. The help desk guys hate me. Well, one of them does. I call the other one on the sly when I need special favors.
New You were partly stunned?
This weekend I approached two different psychic healers independent of each other. They both told me the exact same thing. Part of me was stunned. The other part knew all along.

Part of you was stunned? With shared information sources, two psychic healers in the same city coming to the same conclusion about the same person hardly strikes me as improbable.

Still, whatever works. Some people use joss sticks, I shoot virtual people in computer games.
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
- Mark Renton, Trainspotting.
     Smudging and psychic vampires - (bionerd) - (13)
         Re: Smudging and psychic vampires - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
             I bought a big fat bundle - (bionerd) - (1)
                 "The road of excess leads to a palace of wisdom" - Wm. Blake - (Andrew Grygus)
         And as far as the kids are concerned . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             They get freaked out when I hold a steak knife - (bionerd)
         sweet grass is good for smudging, I like it -NT - (boxley) - (2)
             Sweet Grass isn't much used around here except . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 fits for sothron native americans I guess - (boxley)
         Cool! - (imqwerky) - (1)
             Well, I gotta tell you - (bionerd)
         Wish computers responded... - (folkert) - (1)
             It was also recommended that I smudge my office - (bionerd)
         You were partly stunned? - (warmachine)

Maybe this thing does have "macros".
70 ms