IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Mighty Mouse issues.
My (Bluetooth) Wireless Mighty Mouse started acting up a bit. The scroll button quit scrolling up. Scrolling down and scrolling left and right worked as always. Annoying to have to use the screen scroll bar as in days of yore. Anyway, it was off to the Apple store. It's less than 4 miles away from the house (and how convenient is that? :) )

The red shirt, apparently the sales team uniform today, was not very helpful. "Oh, that's a support item. You'll have to make an appointment. See one of hose ladies in turquoise shirts."

Turquoise shirt was much better. "Ah, yes the scrolling issues. And you haven't even had it long!" She grabbed a new mouse off the shelf, scanned the barcodes on the original sales receipts and the old and new mouse boxes and off I went. She e-mailed me the zero balance receipt. Now, that I like!

It appears to me the Mighty Mouse scroll has a design or manufacturing flaw of some kind.
Alex

Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law. -- Sophocles (496? - 406 BCE)
New I believe it's fairly common
It happened to a friend of mine - I googled the problem, and the solution I read at the time was, in a nutshell, scroll violently! So I showed the scrollball no mercy, and scrolled with anger, with energy ... there was so much scroll action I could have been in some kind of historical Roman docu-drama. Anyway - to cut a long story short, it did the trick - it must have dislodged whatever had become stuck in its mousey innards, and it's been working happily ever since as far as I know.

Getting a whole new mouse, free, is a much nicer outcome though.
Two out of three people wonder where the other one is.
New Well, that's a clue!
Perhaps I should not use the mouse while eating. It could be some food particle got in there gumming up some works. Reminds me of having to clean mouse balls. :)
Alex

Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law. -- Sophocles (496? - 406 BCE)
     Mighty Mouse issues. - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
         I believe it's fairly common - (Meerkat) - (1)
             Well, that's a clue! - (a6l6e6x)

Ubersoft - Standing On The Necks Of Giants
277 ms