Manly sweat, especially from the underarms and groin carries pheromones. You wash away the sweat and you wash away the biochemical attraction. But it has to be nice clean sweat. Not 4-day-old-sitting-in-front-of-your-computer-in-a-programming-frenzy-sweat.
Chicks dont dig that.

I'm a bath person. Now a lot of people dont like the idea of stewing in their own swill, but honestly, how dirty do we really get? If I'm dirty and sweating from yard work,I might hose off in the shower first before running the tub, but I have to have that soak. I get the water a pinch hotter than I can stand, then ease into it until my head is resting on the bottom of the tub. I stay there, in the dark quiet until I have to come up for air. I time myself to see how long I can stay down. I've learned to hyperventilate before going under so I can stay down longer. It changes the levels in your blood gases, delaying the need to take in O2. Seriously. Anyway, I like the quiet. When I get out I look like a boiled lobster. I then slather on lotion from head to toe, get in my jammies and slippers, pour a glass of wine if I have some, and chill out. It keeps me as sane as I'm gonna get.