IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New We *are* barbarians!
Other cultures view birth as natural and uncomplicated. We Westerners have to turn it into something to be feared, disinfected, medicated, forcepped, and, shameful of all----SHUSHED!!!

I remember giving birth to my daughter, the LARGEST baby I have ever delivered, and I was forced to deliver her naturally---no epidural. While pushing that TEN POUND, 21 INCH bundle of beauty from my body, the midwife had the NERVE to SHUSH ME!

WTF???

Weren't we in the maternity wing of the hospital? Where, um, you know, babies are BEING BORN and mothers are SCREAMING in AGONY???!!! The stupid fuckers.

Critter and I watched "Knocked Up" last night and yes, I laughed when the male nurse told her to "tone it down a bit" and she said, "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?" But it is a sad state of affairs when a situation is so commonplace in reality as to become a punchline in a movie. Obviously *my* shushing was not unique.

I could go on with the stupidity of how breastfeeding is treated in our society, but I think we have already discussed that elsewhere.

I know I am preaching to the choir :-)
Smile,
Amy
New Breast feeding
Ick.

Get that little parasite off me!

Needless to say, I never mastered that womanly art. But giving birth like a screaming banshee- that one I nailed!
New So, you shirked your definitive duity as a mammal . . .
. . how reptilian of you. No wonder you like lizards so much.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New There is a reason they make formula!
Maybe my lower reptilian brain is more developed than my higher brain. But I carried that baby for 9 long months. I wanted it out of me and off of me.

After I delivered the nurse put the baby on my chest, expecting me to nurse. Was she kidding me? I just spent 14 hours trying to push that thing out of me and now it is supposed to suck the life out of me? AGAIN? No thanks. I felt like I was being eaten alive.

If I was an animal in the wild, my babies would've ended up being the piglets who were nursed by the tiger. It would've been their only shot at survival.

I guess I am a very bad mammal.
New Gee, most pregnant women seem offended . . .
. . when I point out they've become infected with a parasite.

They don't seem much happier when I mention that the infection takes about 24 years to run its course.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Why do you think I hide underwater?
Because they cant glom on to me while I'm in there!!
New I could've opened my own dairy :-D
I will concede that there is severe hypocrisy regarding breastfeeding in America.

On the one hand, it is shunned in public places. On the other, it is expected to come naturally to every woman who bears a child.

Also, there are two camps: Side A -the La Leches, who believe that if you don't breastfeed you are a horrible mother vs. Side B - some women just aren't able to breastfeed for myriad reasons: time, ability, health, work...the list could go on.

I was fortunate that I was able to breastfeed my children. It didn't always go smoothly. When I first started with my first child, the lactation nurse was a little too gonzo and wanted me to nurse for 10 minutes on each side. I hurt so bad that I cried. It takes a lot of patience and guidance. I was lucky I had all the time I needed.

Breastfeeding is definitely a personal choice. But I often wonder how much healthier we would be if we bottled and sold breast milk. Don't laugh! Think of the logic of such a premise!

I would like to expound more but my son just called and I have to go.

Have at it, yall!
Smile,
Amy
New try a bia hospital
no epideral, no drugs and iffen you are lucky a doctor may be around. On the plus side scream all you want and they let the husband catch if they are short staffed.
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New 'splain "bia" to me, Lucy :-)
Smile,
Amy
New bureau indian affairs, IHS Indian Health Services
gumment provided health care. Be afraid, very afraid.
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
Expand Edited by boxley Dec. 2, 2007, 11:16:36 AM EST
New Say no more! <quiver>
Smile,
Amy
New Husband catch?
Oh please. Mine couldnt tear himself away from his crossword puzzle and the SECOND that baby popped out he said he was going to go home because HE was EXHAUSTED from being at the hospital since 5am. Then, THEN, the next night the hospital served the new parents a special meal on china with linens and the whole shebang. He didnt show. Too tired, he said. I ate by myself, in that defining moment when I realized it was all over.

Good thing I didnt deliver in a bia. My baby would've landed on the floor.

I dont know why I just shared that.

Oh well.
New {{{{{Bio}}}}}
You shared because you needed to and because we love you. If we could, we would shoot, stab, draw, quarter, hang, disembowel, stretch, and decapitate the chicken shit rat bastard.

Because we are loving, caring, peaceful people :-D
Smile,
Amy
New Oh stop.
I'm strong like ox. :-)
New I know - You are DA WOMAN!
That's why I love you.

(Easy, Pervs, not like that...and you know who you are :-D)
Smile,
Amy
New Lesbytarian.
     'The filthy, stinking truth' (on cleanliness) - (Ashton) - (21)
         "other than possibly preventing some fungal things"? - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             You just have to poke me, dont you? - (bionerd)
         native northern folks are clean - (boxley) - (17)
             Yeah, I think it was a Western European thing. - (Another Scott) - (16)
                 We *are* barbarians! - (imqwerky) - (15)
                     Breast feeding - (bionerd) - (5)
                         So, you shirked your definitive duity as a mammal . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                             There is a reason they make formula! - (bionerd) - (2)
                                 Gee, most pregnant women seem offended . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                     Why do you think I hide underwater? - (bionerd)
                         I could've opened my own dairy :-D - (imqwerky)
                     try a bia hospital - (boxley) - (8)
                         'splain "bia" to me, Lucy :-) -NT - (imqwerky) - (2)
                             bureau indian affairs, IHS Indian Health Services - (boxley) - (1)
                                 Say no more! <quiver> -NT - (imqwerky)
                         Husband catch? - (bionerd) - (4)
                             {{{{{Bio}}}}} - (imqwerky) - (3)
                                 Oh stop. - (bionerd) - (2)
                                     I know - You are DA WOMAN! - (imqwerky) - (1)
                                         Lesbytarian. -NT - (bionerd)
         Re: 'The filthy, stinking truth' (on cleanliness) - (JayMehaffey)

Dude...
231 ms