IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Kasparov arrested, given 5 days "administrative detention"
Since it is "administrative", no lawyer can get access to him. A fellow Duma member attempted to visit Kasparov in prison, only to be told that Duma members are not allowed inside (the prison commandant said something along the lines "I know it illegal to stop a Duma member, but I have my orders"). Karpov, the other Russian Chess star (remember him?) tried to get access and failed. Kasparov's mother was told that the parcel for him should go to another prison. The other prison says that Kasparov is not there, either.

I am pretty sure that Kasparov will be released unharmed this time around. But the message (here is that word again, "message") is crystal clear. Next time, his case will get lost in the bureaucracy for real, and nobody will be able to tell which urka (convict, recidivist) in which cell of what prison will have beat him into coma. The greates chess mind of all times will spend the rest of his life in persistent vegetative state.

------

179. I will not outsource core functions.
--
[link|http://omega.med.yale.edu/~pcy5/misc/overlord2.htm|.]

New Which brings new perspective to the talents of The Decider,
eh? re. the local angle.

(Shrub's infallible and lugubrious 'peering-into-the-eyes' of his new Friend -- pronouncing him 'nice': appears to have been about as reliable a communications medium as was his claimed daily pipeline to God (whose alleged 'direction' all-along has proven so entirely fallible / or has it been quite some Other artifact, within that messy Shrub-jelloware -?- which has been doing all this stupid stuff..))
Like, maybe the familiar ravings of a Dry Drunk?

Yes, I noted that report with trepidation, too.
I pretend possession of no accurate Rorschach on the strange and dead-cold-eyed Mr. Putin, but when he started flying those er, 'Fail-Safe'-Era bombers again, my thought was, well -- clearly this is a thoroughly Reactionary sociopath, still hooked on Absolute == Military Power (especially of the "Raketski?" Group in charge of all those shiny, still fully-functional nuke missiles.)

Pretty rotten timing, on a planet where the odds of the Dominant Species' survival - were already diminishing with every day's new language atrocity, each one of which favors the escalation of more (of the real, palpable) dead-body atrocities. Dead body / dead mind - take your pick.

Your guesstimate of the possible actual tactics re our admirable Chess Grand Master is.. chilling, given your unarguable, direct experience of the milieu! {Ugh} And, given the combination [Putin + All That Oil] -- I am at a loss to imagine there being any punitive consequences at all, to even so transparently contrived an event. As with the journalist(s) ...

Welcome to our Race to Century XII (er 'MC') some time <Magna Carta, one supposes.
Pathetic.. that most of this unravelling has taken only. 6. years. and, via such a tiny cabal.

Who could have predicted the fragility of that thin veneer of 'civilization'?
(I know, I know ... LOTS of writers, both before and after the prescient Mr. Orwell nee Eric Blair.)

New Fully agree with your assessment.
Another revolution may be required.
Alex

Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law. -- Sophocles (496? - 406 BCE)
     I am greatly upset, pissed and a bit scared - (Arkadiy) - (9)
         Sad and very worrying sign - (JayMehaffey)
         Understood, but don't despair too much. - (Another Scott)
         Gary Kasparov - (Ashton) - (5)
             Agree on the canary bit. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 Yeah, but they all live in America. -NT - (CRConrad)
             Kasparov arrested, given 5 days "administrative detention" - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                 Which brings new perspective to the talents of The Decider, - (Ashton)
                 Fully agree with your assessment. - (a6l6e6x)
         Economist adds another bad sign - (JayMehaffey)

Not that I'd ever eat a fish that was lured to WD-40, but hey...
77 ms