IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It tells you what the Capitalist Running Dogs are . . .
. . thinking this week. They are, after all, the ones with the money, so what they think is going to impact you.

Fox doesn't seem to have had much (if any) impact yet, except to declare the on-line service will be free. Murdock wants 10 million users instead of 1 million.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Rather beg to differ
Fox Bizness's editorials are even more Right-wing fanatical bizniss-uber-alles that they were pre-Murdoch. Before, they were predictably conservative. Now they are waaaayyy over the top whacked.

YMMV
jb4
"It's hard for me, you know, living in this beautiful White House, to give you a firsthand assessment."
George W. Bush, when asked if he believed Iraq was in a state of civil war (Newsweek, 26 Feb 07)
New Can't agree to that
there were some right-wing editorials (prior to the buyout) that made Murdock look leftish.

Even [link|http://www.huffingtonpost.com/blake-fleetwood/bill-clinton-the-wal_b_59294.html|Bill Clinton] agreed.
New A guy where I worked many years ago . . .
. . had a subscription to Barron's (also published by Dow Jones). I called it "Robber Barron's". It was so far over the right wing wall it made the WSJ look like a Commie propaganda rag.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Barron's sample.
Today's piece in Barron's Up & Down Wall Street:
The World's two biggest jackasses -- and, believe us, given the enormous population of that particular species, there was some very stiff competition to earn that coveted ranking -- are Hugo Chavez and Mahmoud Ahmadinjad, respectively but not respectably, the presidents of Venezuela and Iran (you'd run, too, if Mahmoud was you president.)

Hugo, as befits his name, is beefy; Mahmoud can't find a suit small enough to fit him. Hugo's clean shaven, perhaps the better to show off his significant jowls. Mahmoud to his credit has managed to achieve the impossible: cultivate a permanent five-day beard. In an earlier incarnation, they might have made it as one of those numerous pairs of not-very-comical comics on the old burlesque (hardly the least of reasons burlesque went belly up)

o o o.
Reads like Ashton with Coulter virus infection! :)

I happen to have a Barron's subscription. Ordinarily, I would not read it. But, my wife subscribed to Smart Money, another Dow Jones publication, and a year's worth of Barron's was available for one dollar! Two cents a week to have it mailed to me seems about right. Their positive or negative mention about a company often "moves the market" for that company on the following Monday.
Alex

Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law. -- Sophocles (496? - 406 BCE)
     The Oil Drum: 12.5 MBbl/day oil production shortfall by 2015 - (Another Scott) - (12)
         The fun part of oil.... - (Simon_Jester) - (8)
             And vice-versa. :-/ -NT - (Another Scott) - (7)
                 The Wall Street Journal came out against ethanol . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                     And why does **anyone** believe anything ... - (jb4) - (5)
                         It tells you what the Capitalist Running Dogs are . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                             Rather beg to differ - (jb4) - (3)
                                 Can't agree to that - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                     A guy where I worked many years ago . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                 Barron's sample. - (a6l6e6x)
         All of which causes me to pine for my 'Ami-6' ... - (Ashton) - (2)
             There's a 2CV on the road around here that I see sometimes. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Thanks for nostalgia link - - (Ashton)

I heartily endorse this event or product!
44 ms