IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Fission. (plus update)
Fusion is marriage/long-term commitment. ;)

Gramps is doing much better. Turns out that the hospital basically let him sit for three days with no IV - no wonder he was dying. Shit, Irish farmers live forever if you just give 'em water + nutrients, and once they got that in him, he was doing much better.

I'm thinking there's a lawsuit in the offing...
Odoru aho ni miru aho!
Onaji aho nara odoranya son son!
New F'ing H Bomb! - Gramps not being fed.
Smile,
Amy
New Yet Another Update
My grandfather is dead. His body is still living, but he pretty much passed beyond the reach of anybody yesterday afternoon. He had some lucid moments before passing, and I got a chance on Thursday to tell him about the redheaded Irish girl I'm kinda seeing. I'll be damned if he didn't have the biggest smile on his face. I actually saved it until just before he was scheduled to go in for the surgery that put him in there in the first place, I wanted to give him a big boost. I was leaving to go take care of some errands, but my brother told me that for some time afterwards, he'd fall asleep with this big grin on his face, then wake up again and that big grin would get bigger, then he'd fall asleep again, big grin still on his face.

I don't feel like crying - I feel like laughing. He is an amazing man, full of love and care for everyone around him. I can feel him in me as I write this, encouraging me to dance and chase that woman.

Goodbye, John "Jack" O'Neill. They don't make the likes of you any more. May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead.
Odoru aho ni miru aho!
New Thanks. Condolences for your loss. Peace to all of you.
[link|http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=006978452673906630972%3A_5xhnlvpsn4|IWeThey Custom Search Engine]
New Condolences
My thoughts are with you and your family during this time.

On another note: hope you and the redhead hit it off...life is better shared.

-Slugbug
New Sorry
But thanks for this grin as well.
New Out with a smile...
the one you gave him. What a precious gift for both of you.

We shall pour one out for Mr. O'Neill and look for the new star in the sky.

Hugs and love,
me and the Critterites
Smile,
Amy
New Im sorry, :-(
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Bet you made your grandpa proud.
New Condolences and a question
Any relation to Ed O'Neill Jr (or III) from Minnesota?
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New Possibly
I remember something about an Ed O'Neill, but I don't remember where or if he's still alive. I'll ask.

He actually woke up yesterday. That's the thing about Irish farmers - you think you've done 'em in, and they wake up saying "I'm not dead yet!" ;) He's not coming back from this one - his lungs are almost completely filled with fluid, his kidneys have shut down, and there are other details I haven't given. Still, he managed to smile and gasp out "thank you" when we got some water into his mouth - and he was even able to swallow a teaspoon.

All nutrients have been pulled, and he's on a morphine drip. It's just about time now. However, explicit orders were given, and I'm not going back up today. No matter what happens, I'm not to call the hospital, and nobody is going to call me if his condition changes until tomorrow. I've got a hot date with a pretty redhead... ;) Movie, dinner, then I'm going to teach her a few dance steps.
Odoru aho ni miru aho!
New He reminds me of my Mom
She has been on Hospice over a year. She will not die.
Last time in the hospital the doc called the family- told everyone get to the hospital NOW. It was time. The entire family gathered around her bed. Crying, saying goodbye, etc. She was completely nonresponsive. The phone rang and I answered it. It was her best friend. My Mom must've heard me say her name because she croaked "Tell her I'm not dying yet.".
Damn if she wasnt right.

She's been given the Last Rite so many times I'm sure she will be on the direct bus to Heaven. If and when she ever decides to get on that damn bus.

Re: Red. Enjoy. Let if flow. Dance your little heart out.
New Thanks for the update, Bio.
Believe it or not and given what you had said in the past, I've wondered what happened to your Mom. It didn't seem right to just ask.
Alex

Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law. -- Sophocles (496? - 406 BCE)
New <monty python>
Not dead yet!
</monty python>
New You need to come up with new material.
And had you said that without all the "< >'s" and the "/'s", your point *still* would have been crystal clear, and you would have made it with fewer keystrokes and less jibber jabber.

:-*
New I thought it was funny :-/
in the geeky fashion of the milieu.
Smile,
Amy
New Dont encourage him!
New But Fire So Pretty, Make Bigger! :-D
Smile,
Amy
New Awww...
You coulda asked! But thanks for your sensitivity.

New Sorry you lost him
but I had to let you know that your description gave ME a smile...

What else can anyone in life hope for after all, but to go out with a smile?

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New What a sad but wondrous situtation
Sorry for the loss but moved by the fact that you were able to make it happen in a good way.

Now the goal, make "red" a priority. Find your balance.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
     Extremes - (inthane-chan) - (29)
         :-) Red, :-(Gramps - (imqwerky)
         Hey! - (bionerd)
         Very good advice, indeed. Peace to him; Luck to you! -NT - (Another Scott)
         Good luck in dealing with the extremes, Thane! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         GLWT, on both fronts! -NT - (Yendor)
         two extremes, good luck with both -NT - (boxley)
         Fission or Fusion? :-) - (static) - (21)
             Fission. (plus update) - (inthane-chan) - (20)
                 F'ing H Bomb! - Gramps not being fed. -NT - (imqwerky)
                 Yet Another Update - (inthane-chan) - (18)
                     Thanks. Condolences for your loss. Peace to all of you. -NT - (Another Scott)
                     Condolences - (slugbug)
                     Sorry - (crazy)
                     Out with a smile... - (imqwerky)
                     Im sorry, :-( -NT - (boxley)
                     Bet you made your grandpa proud. -NT - (bionerd)
                     Condolences and a question - (jbrabeck) - (9)
                         Possibly - (inthane-chan) - (8)
                             He reminds me of my Mom - (bionerd) - (7)
                                 Thanks for the update, Bio. - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
                                     <monty python> - (crazy) - (4)
                                         You need to come up with new material. - (bionerd) - (3)
                                             I thought it was funny :-/ - (imqwerky) - (2)
                                                 Dont encourage him! -NT - (bionerd) - (1)
                                                     But Fire So Pretty, Make Bigger! :-D -NT - (imqwerky)
                                     Awww... - (bionerd)
                     Sorry you lost him - (imric)
                     What a sad but wondrous situtation - (bepatient)
         And so it goes... - (CRConrad)

Learn to love the Questions.
--Rilke, Rainer Maria
78 ms