Esp. [link|http://www.citroenet.org.uk/passenger-cars/michelin/ami/ami-6/ami-6-01.html| this one] showing a factory lot-full. {sniff} Alas, I can't even recall its year (as regards the gradual HP increases.)

Pity that we lost the Citro\ufffdn US distributor, when it became clear that Muricans just would Not keep the hydraulic fluid changed/clean -- thus eating away at everything from brakes to suspension.. thus an undeserved 'unreliable' tag; yeah: blame the mfg for your slovenliness.

(I owned several of the larger DS ~'Day-Ess' == Goddess; two bought new, one DS-21 picked up in Paris. Nary a problem, just ordinary pretty simple maintenance. Slick body drag coeff. == decent mileage cruising at 80+)

I'd have one now, most likely, if US distrib. had remained -- despite awareness of the overall mechanical, assembly superiority of the early-'90s Japanese sleds built for the Upwardly Mobile.) No matter that the Ami had none of that complexity, either; then as now, only few Muricans appreciate the stress-free simplicity of underpowered things (does Puritanism cause National penis-envy?) I see why they left -- no change in our HP obsession.

Should be an Interesting next decade - maybe old 2-CVs will bring $10K+ -??- perfect reverse-status symbol while sneering at the expense of the hybrids, especially when the battery packs die. Love. It.