IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Say what??
"I explained to her that our credit card machine, you know, doesn't add on the tip," Esterday said. "And she said, 'Well, then, they left a $100 bill there.' And I said, 'Well, it didn't get divided up amongst us, because I had gotten nothing.'

I don't know what's she's pulling, but every restaurant I've worked on -- every restaurant I've ever ate at -- had a line on the credit card slip to add a tip.

Something is bogus somewhere.
New It happens sometimes. Depends on the POS machine.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New They have those lines on taxi slips here in .fi, too...
...but every driver I've ever talked to -- I've tried to leave a tip that way more than once, because, you know... One isn't always at one's best when one has to take a taxi home -- they all say that doesn't work, and that I just won't get billed that extra amount. Which has turned out to be correct in those cases where I'd already got around to adding something on as I was signing the slip, AFAICR.

I'm thinking maybe that's some stone-age remnant on the slips, a relict of how the system *used* to work -- but they don't do that any more, because of the risk of fraud (by the staff at the selling establishment).

Anybody know better?

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
     clinton, money is for nothing and the tips are free - (boxley) - (7)
         Er... she left a $100 tip according to the correction at top - (admin) - (6)
             yer not going to ruin a good story with a fact are you :-) -NT - (boxley)
             no tip - (boxley) - (4)
                 "You people are really nuts" - (Silverlock)
                 Say what?? - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                     It happens sometimes. Depends on the POS machine. -NT - (bepatient)
                     They have those lines on taxi slips here in .fi, too... - (CRConrad)

Hypothetical Cat Piss Man.
78 ms