IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I knew this but now it is public knowledge
[link|http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/politics/2004001159_spying08.html|http://seattletimes....159_spying08.html]
"This splitter was sweeping up everything, vacuum-cleaner-style," he said. "The NSA is getting everything. These are major pipes that carry not just AT&T's customers but everybody's."

One of Klein's documents listed links to 16 entities, including Global Crossing, a large provider of voice and data services in the United States and abroad; UUNet, a large Internet provider now owned by Verizon; Level 3 Communications, which provides local, long-distance and data transmission in the United States and overseas; and more familiar names, such as Sprint and Qwest. It also included data exchanges MAE-West and PAIX, or Palo Alto Internet Exchange, facilities where telecom carriers hand off Internet traffic to each other.

"I flipped out," he said. "They're copying the whole Internet. There's no selection going on here. Maybe they select out later, but at the point of handoff to the government, they get everything."
the presidents "we are just tracking a few terriorists phone calls" is hogwash. They just turned echelon to all traffic, not just foreign
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New All your bits are belong to us. :-/
New Re: I knew this but now it is public knowledge
Uh, the internet started as a DOD project. Can't believe anyone would have an expectation of privacy there.

Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New voice traffic goes thru the same pipes
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

New sure thing...they call that "progress"
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Told you this two+ years ago.
And you and other scoffed.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
PGP key: 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0  2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
Alternate Fingerprint: 09F9 1102 9D74  E35B D841 56C5 6356 88C0
Alternate Fingerprint: 455F E104 22CA  29C4 933F 9505 2B79 2AB2
New not moi

New Oh yes...
At the NJ BASH, specifically to you.

And I have mentioned them thar things here.
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
PGP key: 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0  2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
Alternate Fingerprint: 09F9 1102 9D74  E35B D841 56C5 6356 88C0
Alternate Fingerprint: 455F E104 22CA  29C4 933F 9505 2B79 2AB2
New Doesn't matter.
The real question (and I didn't expect it to come up) is whether or not it's legal.

Frankly, under US wire tapping law it's not. If Clinton had done this and it was know, he's be run out on the rails.

The question is what happens now?

---------------------------------------

[On update]
This story isn't new btw. It first came out back in 2006.

There's still a question of whether or not it's happening (there is only the whistleblower).

Finally, the reason why this is coming out now is that the whistleblower is advocating no immunity for the telecos.

Which actually make me believe the whistleblower. If the telecos did nothing wrong, why do they need immunity?
Expand Edited by Simon_Jester Nov. 9, 2007, 05:48:55 PM EST
     I knew this but now it is public knowledge - (boxley) - (8)
         All your bits are belong to us. :-/ -NT - (Another Scott)
         Re: I knew this but now it is public knowledge - (bepatient) - (2)
             voice traffic goes thru the same pipes -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 sure thing...they call that "progress" -NT - (bepatient)
         Told you this two+ years ago. - (folkert) - (3)
             not moi -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                 Oh yes... - (folkert) - (1)
                     Doesn't matter. - (Simon_Jester)

Latex abuse... what did I walk in on??
61 ms