IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New clinton, money is for nothing and the tips are free
typical, stiff a workie then use them to promote yourself. Typical right wing reporting hatchet job

[link|http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=16099751|http://www.npr.org/t...?storyId=16099751]
A Chance Encounter with Clinton

I followed Clinton during a recent bus tour across Iowa, when she and her entourage pulled into a Maid-Rite, a greasy spoon famous for its loose-meat sandwich. Clinton settled into a red stool at the counter, ate a sandwich, chatted with her waitress and then was on her way.

The scene gave Clinton perfect fodder for her next few stump speeches. It turns out her waitress was a single, working mom \ufffd just the kind of voter Democrats are courting aggressively this year.

Clinton recalled the meeting for an audience up the road in Boone. "The woman waiting on us \ufffd it was her first day," she said, adding, "She was a little nervous. Single mom, raised two boys, works at a nursing home and always has a second job."

If she's elected president, Clinton promised, people like her waitress will have it better.

The way Clinton eased the waitress into her rhetoric is something repeated day after day, by all the campaigns. But in the process, people like the waitress don't always have their stories told.

'Nobody Got Left a Tip'

"I wished I would have been asked first," the waitress, Anita Esterday, said of Clinton's decision to insert her in a speech. "I wish she would have asked if she could talk about me later. I didn't like it when someone called me up and said Hillary Clinton is talking about you. It's like, what'd I do now? What's she saying?"

When I returned to the Maid-Rite a few weeks later, Esterday said the senator had caught her off guard. But once they got talking, she was honest with Clinton about her need to work two to three jobs.

"I've been doing it all my life. Why should it change now that I'm old," Esterday said.

Esterday does not think Clinton got it. "I don't think she understood at all what I was saying," Esterday said. "I mean, nobody got left a tip that day."

Clinton may have decided not to tip. She was also never given a bill \ufffd her meal was on the house. Still, Esterday said Clinton might have left her something: "Maybe they don't carry money. I don't know."

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Er... she left a $100 tip according to the correction at top
Just not on the table.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New yer not going to ruin a good story with a fact are you :-)
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

New no tip
or magically disappearing tip
[link|http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=16143435|http://www.npr.org/t...?storyId=16143435]
Clinton campaign staffer called on Esterday at the restaurant Thursday after the story aired. The staff member apologized to her and gave her a $20 bill, according to Esterday. The Clinton campaign confirmed that visit. The campaign also produced photocopies of receipts showing $157.46 was paid to Maid-Rite on a VISA card on Oct. 8 for meals consumed by the candidate's entourage. The tip was supposed to have been paid in cash, and the campaign insisted such a payment was made but has declined to make available a staff member who was present at Maid-Rite and left tip money.

Maid-Rite's manager, Brad Crawford, said Thursday that while he was not present at the restaurant on Oct. 8, he knew that a bill was paid by the campaign that day. He also said that he believed three of six servers working that day received tips from people he thought were working for or affiliated with the Clinton campaign.

Crawford said he didn't know if campaign staffers meant "for their tips to be distributed to everybody" or whether they were meant only for individual servers.

The manager said he can't say for sure if Esterday was tipped for serving Clinton and her guests, Christie Vilsack and Ruth Harkin. (Vilsack is the wife of former Iowa Gov. Tom Vilsack and Harkin is the wife of Iowa Democratic Sen. Tom Harkin). But Crawford said he believes Esterday's account that she received no tip.

"Where Hillary was sitting, there was no tip left," Crawford said.
thanx,
bill

New "You people are really nuts"
Ms. Esterday said she did not understand what all the commotion was about.

\ufffdYou people are really nuts,\ufffd she told a reporter during a phone interview. \ufffdThere\ufffds kids dying in the war, the price of oil right now \ufffd there\ufffds better things in this world to be thinking about than who served Hillary Clinton at Maid-Rite and who got a tip and who didn\ufffdt get a tip.\ufffd

[link|http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/archives/13532.html|Link]
-----------------------------------------
Restore the Constitution. Elect [link|http://tpmelectioncentral.com/2007/10/exclusive_senator_chris_dodd_will_put_a_hold_on_telecom_immunity_bill.php|Chris Dodd].
New Say what??
"I explained to her that our credit card machine, you know, doesn't add on the tip," Esterday said. "And she said, 'Well, then, they left a $100 bill there.' And I said, 'Well, it didn't get divided up amongst us, because I had gotten nothing.'

I don't know what's she's pulling, but every restaurant I've worked on -- every restaurant I've ever ate at -- had a line on the credit card slip to add a tip.

Something is bogus somewhere.
New It happens sometimes. Depends on the POS machine.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New They have those lines on taxi slips here in .fi, too...
...but every driver I've ever talked to -- I've tried to leave a tip that way more than once, because, you know... One isn't always at one's best when one has to take a taxi home -- they all say that doesn't work, and that I just won't get billed that extra amount. Which has turned out to be correct in those cases where I'd already got around to adding something on as I was signing the slip, AFAICR.

I'm thinking maybe that's some stone-age remnant on the slips, a relict of how the system *used* to work -- but they don't do that any more, because of the risk of fraud (by the staff at the selling establishment).

Anybody know better?

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
     clinton, money is for nothing and the tips are free - (boxley) - (7)
         Er... she left a $100 tip according to the correction at top - (admin) - (6)
             yer not going to ruin a good story with a fact are you :-) -NT - (boxley)
             no tip - (boxley) - (4)
                 "You people are really nuts" - (Silverlock)
                 Say what?? - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                     It happens sometimes. Depends on the POS machine. -NT - (bepatient)
                     They have those lines on taxi slips here in .fi, too... - (CRConrad)

When you're as high-strung as I am, you should be paid to keep smoking.
89 ms