IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It's a good thing you get paid by the hour, isn't it? ;-)
I trust you've burned the successful installation tree to a bootable CD?

What a nightmare. You're a better man than me, AG.

Glad you got it working!

Cheers,
Scott.
New on jobs like that you never bill all yer hours
or you wont be invited back. When I had my own shop my motto was If I cant fix it I dont get paid and any extensive research would be billed patially depending on the complexity.
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Concur
Same motto/experience. You can never accurately estimate the time for something like that. And if you did, the client would never accept it.

Chomp chomp. Eat those extra hours...
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New Depends
You want what? By when!?!?
I have no idea how to do it, and the knowledge gained is very specific to your company, so any educational time will be dedicated to you.
Plus, I'm tired, I have a bunch of stuff to do, and all them have near term deliverables. So, I'll probably be making mistakes as I learn and I'll still be charging you to fix the mistakes.
It'll cost, probably a lot.
How much?
No idea, like I said, I have to figure out how to do it.
Ok, but when you get the bill in 2 weeks, I want to you to look at this email where I warned you it'll cost a lot.
Do it?
Ok!

2 weeks later, HIS boss calls me about the bill.
WTF - Are you crazy? (yup).
Look at these hours!
And I see you even billed us for redo work! You never bill us for redo!

Me: Please refer to the original email,
BUT 1: If you feel it is excessive, I'll discount 30% of the bill to cover education and redo,
BUT 2: Do not expect any quick turnaround commitments ever again.

Him: Paid in full.
New Yup, they'll get billed for some development time . . .
. . but by no means all of it.

Now that I understand the routing problem I might be able to make it work with just the TCP/IP stack downloaded from IBM. Don't know if I'll get around to trying that though.

The way IBM set up routing on the 16-bit TCP/IP stack was a kludge to get around a problem. With the 32-bit stack apparently they fixed the real problem so the kludge became a problem.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     The horrors of Open Office - (Andrew Grygus) - (23)
         What a nightmare. - (Another Scott) - (5)
             No, it's not to be found there. - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                 What version of TCP/IP stack? -NT - (n3jja) - (3)
                     The stack isn't the problem part . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                         check your email to continue discussion. ;-) -NT - (n3jja) - (1)
                             Reply sent. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
         why on earth is an office tool tied to an IP stack? -NT - (boxley) - (9)
             Ain't got a clue . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 hmmm, any way to make it think that it found it? - (boxley)
             That's what *she* said :-D -NT - (imqwerky)
             Why on earth is an office tied to OS/2? ;) -NT - (Meerkat) - (5)
                 Because . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                     Could you drop a nix server in? - (bepatient) - (3)
                         He already has a Linux server . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                             Can't be any more complicated than this problem :-) -NT - (bepatient)
                             Hoblink is not bad at all for that. - (jake123)
         Working now. - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
             Oh, so it was that easy? Then WTH took you so long? -NT - (CRConrad)
             It's a good thing you get paid by the hour, isn't it? ;-) - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 on jobs like that you never bill all yer hours - (boxley) - (3)
                     Concur - (jbrabeck)
                     Depends - (crazy)
                     Yup, they'll get billed for some development time . . . - (Andrew Grygus)

An implementation of non-trivial covariant returns for non-varadic virtual functions.
116 ms