IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Dodd recently vowed to fight
against the telecom immunity bill.

He's placed a hold on it and (at least said) he would filibuster it.

(It'll be meaningless in the end, as I expect Bush to pardon the execs...but at least he isn't willing to rollover...and is at least willing to give the appearance of a fight.)
New That was good.
I respect him for that, and I've wondered why the Democrats haven't used the rules of the House and Senate to control the legislative agenda the way the Republicans did when they had razor thin majority... :-/

There's a related petition mentioned in [link|http://digbysblog.blogspot.com/2007/10/privatizing-constitution-by-digby.html|this] article on the immunity provision by Digby.

I don't know enough about Dodd to rule him in or out. It'll be interesting to see how Reid handles it.

I doubt Bush will pardon the telecoms folks - how can he? It would either be so broad that it would cover anything, or he would have to be specific and thus give up information he's trying to keep secret. But we'll see.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
     'Kicking a wasp's nest to teach it a lesson' - (Ashton) - (9)
         On a related note - (Silverlock) - (8)
             I also think - (Simon_Jester) - (7)
                 he might have killed it but hillary will revive it -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                     <Shrug> She might - (Simon_Jester) - (4)
                         the only thing that can guarranty a repo win is hillary - (boxley)
                         Why Dodd? - (Another Scott) - (2)
                             Dodd recently vowed to fight - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                 That was good. - (Another Scott)
                 The whole point was he *is* conservatism. - (Silverlock)

Goo goo goo joob!
58 ms