IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Iraqi government revokes Security force immunity
[link|http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071024/wl_afp/iraqunrestblackwater|Yahoo]
The Iraqi government announced on Wednesday that it has decided to formally revoke the immunity from prosecution granted to private security companies operating in the war-ravaged country.

"The cabinet held a meeting yesterday and decided to scrap the article pertaining to security companies operating in Iraq that was issued by the CPA (Coalition Provision Authority) in 2004," government spokesman Ali al-Dabbagh said in a statement.

"It has decided to present a new law regarding this issue which will be taken in the next cabinet meeting."

No information yet on what will replace it. If they go the whole way and get rid of all immunity then most private security will have to leave the country. That will be a big blow the US, since it will force the US forces to cover a lot of work done by private security right now. More likely the immunity will be reduced some how, and bribery will become the norm for most cases.

Jay
New if they all leave we will finally get the 400k troops
on the ground that the generals wanted before the war.
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New From where? The Draft?
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New here
[link|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Army|http://en.wikipedia....nited_States_Army]
As of March 31, 2007, the Regular Army reported a strength of 507,082 soldiers.[2] By the end of 2005, the Army National Guard (ARNG) reported 333,177 and the United States Army Reserve (USAR) reported 189,005,[3] putting the approximate combined component strength total at 1,029,264.
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

New Insufficient numbers
The Army is already strained trying to maintain the farce in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Let's not for get Korea, Germany, England, Italy, and everywhere else no CONUS.

We ain't in a "war", so the WEW (WeekEnd Warriors) should not be counted.

I would love to see the Dirty Water farce expelled. Maybe then something would happen.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New DOD would have to go on war footing
sucking troops from europe, korea, japan leaving ghost garrisons there and send them all to Iraq, then the screaming would begin. The weekend warriars are already taking the brunt of the Iraqi postings.
thanx,
bill

New When we're not at war? You sure?
New I know that it was an election issue in '06 in VT and NY.
     Iraqi government revokes Security force immunity - (JayMehaffey) - (7)
         if they all leave we will finally get the 400k troops - (boxley) - (6)
             From where? The Draft? -NT - (jbrabeck) - (5)
                 here - (boxley) - (4)
                     Insufficient numbers - (jbrabeck) - (3)
                         DOD would have to go on war footing - (boxley) - (2)
                             When we're not at war? You sure? -NT - (hnick) - (1)
                                 I know that it was an election issue in '06 in VT and NY. -NT - (jake123)

The annual lizardfall in the Monterey preserve of California approaches 4,800 lizards per acre per year.
64 ms