IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What?!?
No "no man's land" of razor wire and land mines? No radar-controlled machine-gun towers?

The Dept Of Fatherland Security has not been paying attention to its Stazi forebearers, now have they? But that would be yet another instance of Yankee arrogance; after all, we do know everything about defense and security, don't we..we're Americans!!!, dammit!
jb4
"It's hard for me, you know, living in this beautiful White House, to give you a firsthand assessment."
George W. Bush, when asked if he believed Iraq was in a state of civil war (Newsweek, 26 Feb 07)
New No DMZ, but...
>>> No radar-controlled machine-gun towers?

Not yet, but they do have:

[...]

"The plan is that when migrants cross the SBInet's virtual fence, a LORROS camera, manufactured by Kollsman, Inc. of Merrimack, New Hampshire, will instantly detect their entry. These cameras will sit on top of specially designed towers (erected by DRS Technologies of Parsippany, New Jersey), that are almost 100 feet tall and are each surrounded by a six-foot high chain link fence. These towers are equipped with Man-Portable Surveillance and Target Acquisition Radar (MStar) devices, that relay real-time electronic images to a private sector communications center.

When suspected migrants are spotted, a private enforcement contractor can take manual command of the camera, zoom in and identify the number of individuals as well as their means of transport. After classifying the "threat," the contractor electronically transfers the entrants' coordinates to Border Patrol agents via laptop computers mounted inside their vehicles.

"The coordinates allow the Agent the ability to understand where they are in proximity to the threat," a Border Patrol official wrote recently in SBI Monthly, a newsletter published by the agency, in an attempt to describe how SBInet would work. "Moments later, the agent locates the illegal aliens and makes the apprehensions."

Boeing has so far erected nine of the towers, each almost 100 feet tall, that scan a 360-degree radius for a distance of ten miles. Ground radar sensors will also attempt to detect footsteps, bicycles and vehicles."

more in the article...

[link|http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?id=14552|http://www.corpwatch...icle.php?id=14552]
New Ka-ching, Ka-ching!
Alex

Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law. -- Sophocles (496? - 406 BCE)
     And along our southern border... - (dmcarls) - (8)
         Absolutely laughable. - (Silverlock) - (4)
             Gulf War I went pretty well for the USA. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 Yes it did. - (Silverlock) - (1)
                     It wasn't a cakewalk. - (Another Scott)
             yup, they have already found illegals helping to build it -NT - (boxley)
         What?!? - (jb4) - (2)
             No DMZ, but... - (dmcarls) - (1)
                 Ka-ching, Ka-ching! -NT - (a6l6e6x)

My neurons began.. shrieking, best I can remember.
75 ms