IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I'll give it a try.
Anything, at this point. It's maddening.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New you will like it
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New It's good in some respects...
I like the initial results, but it's not perfect.

1) It's very hard for me to end up with a window that doesn't have some streakiness to it in places.

2) It doesn't last as long as I'd like.

3) It doesn't stick to the glass as much as I'd like, so it seems like you have to use a lot of it to get the desired result. (I usually do 2 applications in a row.)

But it's great in the winter - ice and snow don't stick to it, so rather than spending 10 minutes or more scraping, one just slides the ice and snow off and goes on ones merry way.

YMMV.

Cheers,
Scott.
New It's an addiction (new thread)
Created as new thread #294719 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=294719|It's an addiction]
New Enjoy that ice and snow
I'll be thinking of you while tanning :-)
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Tanning... bah!
I just got a melanoma removed. As I understand the quacks instructions, I'm to spend the rest of my life in the basement with the lights off, wearing a burka...
New Ouch, and damn.
Ok, no tanning. I'll wear sunscreen.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Probably a good idea :)
Still, I do wonder how people survived before the 80's when sunscreen became popular. I think I remember sunscreen in the 80's but I suppose it could have been earlier.
New The question comes up here, too.
I don't know the numbers for melanoma, but ISTR they are detecting it earlier and that not only leads to more diagnoses, but also more successful treatments.

I remember ads for different levels of SPF. "SPF 4 for those who tan easily..." :-)

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

· my ·
· [link|http://staticsan.livejournal.com/|blog] ·
· [link|http://yceran.org/|website] ·

New OTOH...
[link|http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/08/060828211528.htm|Sunscreens Can Damage Skin, Researchers Find]:

"Sunscreens do an excellent job protecting against sunburn when used correctly," said Hanson, who works in the laboratory of Christopher Bardeen, an assistant professor of chemistry at UCR. "This means using a sunscreen with a high sun protection factor and applying it uniformly on the skin. Our data show, however, that if coverage at the skin surface is low, the UV filters in sunscreens that have penetrated into the epidermis can potentially do more harm than good. More advanced sunscreens that ensure that the UV-filters stay on the skin surface are needed; such filters would reduce the level of UV-induced ROS. Another solution may be to mix the UV-filters with antioxidants since antioxidants have been shown to reduce UV-induced ROS levels in the skin."

[...]

"For now, the best advice is to use sunscreens and re-apply them often -- the Skin Cancer Foundation recommends every two hours, and especially after sweating or swimming, which can wash away sunscreen -- to reduce the amount of UV radiation from getting through to filters that have penetrated the skin," Bardeen said. "This, in turn, would reduce ROS generation."

ROS is "reactive oxygen species".

This study was funded by the Worldwide Association to Promote Maximum Sunscreen Consumption. (Not really.)

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who hates sunscreen, but who rarely goes to the beach.)
New Re: I do wonder how people survived before the 80's
when sunscreen became popular.

The hole in the ozone layer wasn't as bad, ergo, the burning wasn't as fast or as intense.

I feel sorry for my grandchildren and their children. They will have to wear radiation suits to go outside to play. :-(
Smile,
Amy
New We didn't
We just died of lots of other things sooner, so we didn't notice it.
New True that, and the LRPD I got for this:
Yeah, but they were all dying of the plague anyway...

There was an old saw that went something like:
Q: What did doctors do for patients before they could diagnose all these complicated diseases?
A: Buried them.
New :-)
New Sure we had sunscreen. Even way back in the 70's
And bug repellant too.

I remember mixing it up while working on my uncle's farm. Equal parts of motor oil and diesel fuel.

Worked great.

Of course nothing would come close...

Also great cure for wrinkles.

:-)
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New Bet you didn't squeak either :-)
Smile,
Amy
New I seem to recall Baby oil mixed with Iodine.
-----------------------------------------
Restore the Constitution. Elect [link|http://tpmelectioncentral.com/2007/10/exclusive_senator_chris_dodd_will_put_a_hold_on_telecom_immunity_bill.php|Chris Dodd].
New That was to attract the rays, not repel.
Smile,
Amy
New Use the additive to the washer solvent as Greg suggests
Works a treat. On both our cars I did one application and have used the additive since, great stuff.
--
Steve
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu]
New ANYTHING?
How about a hammer, break the windshield? Screeching gone. :-)

[image|/forums/images/warning.png|0|This is sarcasm...]

Sorry just could not resist.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New didn't you see my RADICAL OPTION?
"Ooops, my kid hit a baseball through the windshield"

Glad *somebody* thinks like me. :-)
Smile,
Amy
     Stupid windshield wipers. - (admin) - (29)
         Is this on the Audi? - (Yendor)
         Did you just replace the rubber? - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Whole assembly. - (admin)
         /me throws holy water on you - (imqwerky)
         Treat the Window with RAIN-X. - (folkert) - (23)
             seconded - (Steve Lowe)
             I'll give it a try. - (admin) - (20)
                 you will like it -NT - (boxley) - (17)
                     It's good in some respects... - (Another Scott) - (16)
                         It's an addiction (new thread) - (crazy)
                         Enjoy that ice and snow - (bepatient) - (13)
                             Tanning... bah! - (hnick) - (12)
                                 Ouch, and damn. - (bepatient) - (11)
                                     Probably a good idea :) - (hnick) - (10)
                                         The question comes up here, too. - (static)
                                         OTOH... - (Another Scott)
                                         Re: I do wonder how people survived before the 80's - (imqwerky)
                                         We didn't - (crazy) - (2)
                                             True that, and the LRPD I got for this: - (hnick) - (1)
                                                 :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                         Sure we had sunscreen. Even way back in the 70's - (jbrabeck) - (3)
                                             Bet you didn't squeak either :-) -NT - (imqwerky)
                                             I seem to recall Baby oil mixed with Iodine. -NT - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                 That was to attract the rays, not repel. -NT - (imqwerky)
                         Use the additive to the washer solvent as Greg suggests - (Steve Lowe)
                 ANYTHING? - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                     didn't you see my RADICAL OPTION? - (imqwerky)
             Radical Option - (imqwerky)
         You're all spoiled rotten - (Ashton)

It's got cop tires, cop engine, cop suspension...
156 ms