IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Squirrels come after Scorpions, Slime Molds and Slugs. ;-D
New Pretty much so.
Those things are filthy.

But when I get a proper skinning stump arranged out there I'll give a try to making a genuine Brunswick stew. That's the name I give to all squirrels, Brunswick.

This may be more difficult than expected. Even my cassia bean tree, though it' heavy with beans this year, remains untouched. The crop of sapota blankas also came through almost completely unscathed. I hear squirrels chattering in the trees now and then but almost always well out of range.

I fear the few injured survivors have gotten the word out.

The son of one of my clients - well actually the son is the client now, dad has retired and just tools around in his new Lotus Exige S - says the most effective strategy is to use non-lethal traps**. When you catch a squrrel you keep it in the trap for about 3 days without food or water. Every couple of hours you go out and scream at it and flog the cage with a heavy branch.

Then you let the squirrel go. He says they tell all their friends your property is a really bad place to go and you may be squirrel free for months. His dad, on the other hand, is an enthusiastic squirrel shooter.

** Non-lethal traps are not recommended by the State of California. You see, it's illegal to release an Eastern Fox Squirrel anywhere within the State, so once you've caught one you're pretty much stuck with it.

[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New "Oh, it must have escaped somehow. Smart little critters."
New Oh, they've got that covered . . .
"Negligent release of a non-native pest" - not much different from deliberate release. And they could probably bust you for "Possession with intent to release" too.

California takes control of non-native plants, animals, insects and diseases seriously due to the huge agricultural importance of the state.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New I coulda given you one
The other day I found a dead squirrel at the base of my tree. Fully intact. No obvious wounds. No obvious signs of disease. He had nice fluffy fur and was a chubby fellow. He looked like he fell right out of the tree. Maybe he did. Or maybe he was a suicidal jumper. Autopsy and forensic results are pending.
     grey squirrel pancakes - (boxley) - (9)
         I'll bet they make you feel - (imqwerky)
         Converting to Georgia native? :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         While they're at it . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
             Surprising - (Steve Lowe) - (5)
                 Squirrels come after Scorpions, Slime Molds and Slugs. ;-D -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                     Pretty much so. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                         "Oh, it must have escaped somehow. Smart little critters." -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                             Oh, they've got that covered . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                         I coulda given you one - (Lily)

Maybe this thing does have "macros".
115 ms