IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Sorry about that, folks...
According to the colo folks, the machine had a kernel panic. I don't have any more details than that for now.

Our colo is cheap, but not terribly responsive when stuff like this happens, unfortunately. :-/
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Hey, sh*t happens
Thanks for getting it back up.
New Well, it's frustrating.
Because all I could do is send increasingly harassing emails to the colo's support facility. They've got one engineer who does this stuff, and if he's busy, he's busy.

He didn't write down the panic information, either. All I have to go on is "something about an interrupt handler not syncing". Gee, thanks.
Regards,

-scott anderson

New Hey, if that all that goes out in a year
so be it.

This isn't a commercial service, you are doing it as a favor, and I'm certainly happy to have access when I do.
New Ditto.
New Repeat :-)
Smile,
Amy
New Amen!
Oh, and BTW...Thanks, Adminiscott
jb4
"It's hard for me, you know, living in this beautiful White House, to give you a firsthand assessment."
George W. Bush, when asked if he believed Iraq was in a state of civil war (Newsweek, 26 Feb 07)
New Yeah, well...
It's been less than a year since the last outage, and it sucks being a perfectionist...
Regards,

-scott anderson

New And too..
Everybody hates the twit who reports, "my computerbrokewhatdoIdo?"

And you ask, "were there any messages?"

..yeah it said something I didn't bother to write down - was I supposed to? Huh huh?

New I appreciate all you do, Scott! Thanks!

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
New woot and yay! thanx!
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Actually...
An outage like this, while inconvenient for the masses (read: everybody else), is a boon for me, as for a period of time, Large Giant Corp's. blockers "forget" about ol' IWETHEY, and I can access it from work. Makes the 20-minute builds go quite a bit faster!

Mebbee wecould **schedule** an outage every so often?

(Relax! I'm being facetious!)
jb4
"It's hard for me, you know, living in this beautiful White House, to give you a firsthand assessment."
George W. Bush, when asked if he believed Iraq was in a state of civil war (Newsweek, 26 Feb 07)
New :-)
Smile,
Amy
New /me chuckles
     Sorry about that, folks... - (admin) - (13)
         Hey, sh*t happens - (crazy) - (8)
             Well, it's frustrating. - (admin) - (7)
                 Hey, if that all that goes out in a year - (crazy) - (6)
                     Ditto. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         Repeat :-) -NT - (imqwerky) - (1)
                             Amen! - (jb4)
                     Yeah, well... - (admin) - (2)
                         And too.. - (Ashton)
                         I appreciate all you do, Scott! Thanks! -NT - (Nightowl)
         woot and yay! thanx! -NT - (boxley)
         Actually... - (jb4) - (2)
             :-) -NT - (imqwerky)
             /me chuckles -NT - (slugbug)

Ashton'd best cease derision; egregious fumblings garner hatred in judgemental klans. Lest matters natter on (precipitating quagmires), raconteur Scott transliterates umpteen verbs. Wordwright Xanadu, your zIWETHEY. Accordingly, blithely calling due eclectic, freewheeling games heedlessly invites jabber. Kenning LRPD meanings necessitates occasional, personal, quiet ruminations. Such thoughts unleash virtually wanton xenophilic yearnings: Zen Achieved.
113 ms