IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New But from that we can see things with new eyes.
His point about the moral assumption of the human being is clearly abhorrant to you, but another point can be taken from it. And that is that the Western leaders tend to ascribe motives behind the actions of terrorists (he listed poverty) could well differ from their actual motive (perception of comparative human value).

I would be tempted to say that those who do not hold absolute views on 'Good' or 'Evil' would also have trouble, simply because they do not understand the drive of people who do hold such absolute views, whether they be Sunni terrorists or Southern Baptists. Note this says nothing about who is right.

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

· my ·
· [link|http://staticsan.livejournal.com/|blog] ·
· [link|http://yceran.org/|website] ·

New Not really
His views to me are not abhorrent, the are simplistic. He seems to be lumping people into two groups. One group who believe that man has to struggle to overcome his bad nature. Otherwise, you believe the external forces cause people to do bad and evil things. Where do you put the people who believe that some people are born with the capability to commit evil acts and others develop it later in life?

In my opinion, you don't have to have an absolute view of morality to understand absolutism or even be effective dealing with people who think that way.

Even though you can glean from his writings the point about the absolute values of the religious terrorists we are currently fighting, other writers have made that point more directly.

Seamus
     NATO Staggers in Afghanistan - (Another Scott) - (14)
         My nephew heads over there next year - (boxley) - (6)
             It's a tough situation. I hope he'll be safe. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Oh yeah? Which one? JTF2? -NT - (jake123) - (4)
                 princess pat -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                     Not an elite regiment - (jake123) - (2)
                         I was thinking in terms of my younker years - (boxley) - (1)
                             Yeah, those were the days before - (jake123)
         We just don't understand... - (folkert) - (6)
             :-O. +5, Interesting - (static)
             -1BS:It's a superficial, fallacious, bigoted Jeezmoid screed -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 So you disagree? - (bepatient)
             He has oversimplified pretty much everything - (Seamus) - (2)
                 But from that we can see things with new eyes. - (static) - (1)
                     Not really - (Seamus)