IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New on religious tolerance of america
[link|http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=14986005|http://www.npr.org/t...?storyId=14986005]
The founders of the New England colonies did not come to America to protect any variety in religious practice, or to assert the primacy of the individual's conscience. Far from it. They came to set up the one true faith where corrupt versions of it could not intrude. The only religion recognized as authentic, as what God wills, was the Covenant of Grace, under which God's chosen were predestined to salvation, making their church a collection of "visible saints." Those not consciously saved in this way could not be communicating members of the church, nor could they be voting members of the community. These outsiders had to attend and support the true church even if they were not full members of it. Pastors and governors all had to be communicating members of the church.
that first amendment thingy keeps the dam baptists out of my bedroom and doctors office.
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Re: on religious tolerance of america
Thank goodness they wizened up by the time they decided on the Bill of Rights.
that first amendment thingy keeps the dam baptists out of my bedroom and doctors office.

If the first doesn't do it, the second should ;)
~~~)-Steven----

Stapp's Ironical Paradox:
"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

Col. John P. Stapp - Decelerator 'Test Pilot'
     on religious tolerance of america - (boxley) - (1)
         Re: on religious tolerance of america - (Steven A S)

This theory is not even wrong.
29 ms