IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Alabama Governor Siegelman investigation ready to blow up
[link|http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1668220,00.html|Time.com]
On may 8, 2002, Clayton Lamar (Lanny) Young Jr., a lobbyist and landfill developer described by acquaintances as a hard-drinking "good ole boy," was in an expansive mood. In the downtown offices of the U.S. Attorney in Montgomery, Ala., Young settled into his chair, personal lawyer at his side, and proceeded to tell a group of seasoned prosecutors and investigators that he had paid tens of thousands of dollars in apparently illegal campaign contributions to some of the biggest names in Alabama Republican politics. According to Young, among the recipients of his largesse were the state's former attorney general Jeff Sessions, now a U.S. Senator, and William Pryor Jr., Sessions' successor as attorney general and now a federal judge. Young, whose detailed statements are described in documents obtained by TIME, became a key witness in a major case in Alabama that brought down a high-profile politician and landed him in federal prison with an 88-month sentence. As it happened, however, that official was the top Democrat named by Young in a series of interviews, and none of the Republicans whose campaigns he fingered were investigated in the case, let alone prosecuted.

This has been in the background for some time because of how weird the government acted during the Siegelman case. But it looks like Times has the goods. The witness named several officials as having received illegal contributions, but only the Democrat he named was investigated and prosecuted.

Jay
New hope this burns some repo asses (new thread)
Created as new thread #294265 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=294265|hope this burns some repo asses]
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
     Alabama Governor Siegelman investigation ready to blow up - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
         hope this burns some repo asses (new thread) - (boxley)

A hearty “Shalom amigos!” comes to mind.
47 ms