IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Regardless.
It appeared from what I read that he was dealing with the likes of the true fake...but I understand the broad brush thinking too. Its not really the point.

In fact, its more to my point if one thinks it was a slam against every soldier.

A vote of the kind done on moveon is also pretty meaningless. But it seems to get alot of people fired up around here.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Re: Regardless.
IMO, anyone with any experience with Rush picks up on what he does and how he operates. And I don't see how the fact that Rush was talking out more than just the one soldier affects your point one way or the other.

Same with the dems. AFAICS, everyone on the right knows the dems don't have the stomach to consistently use the same tactics as the right does. Let alone with the same veracity. Using tactics like the letter is, not currently, a part of their main arsenal. It is not effective and that is why people ignore it. Its just not worth arguing about something that meaningless, especially when the other side ignores it. If it doesn't work and doesn't generate any attention, they may stop doing it.

The right, on the other hand, are very skilled at turning things like the moveon.org ad into their own sound bite. They did that by successfully re-framing the ad and making it a big deal. You had the same view point. The only thing I took exception to was the flawed logic you used to prove your point.

Seamus
     Hrm. Wonder why this hasn't been posted yet - (bepatient) - (22)
         Guess we have better things to do -NT - (imqwerky)
         Why should it be? - (crazy) - (16)
             I thought that only - (bepatient) - (15)
                 It is dumb to play that game with the republicans - (Seamus) - (7)
                     It appears to me - (bepatient) - (6)
                         That is the way he operates - (Seamus) - (5)
                             Regular listener then? - (bepatient) - (4)
                                 Nope - (Seamus) - (3)
                                     So he needs to be studied? - (bepatient) - (2)
                                         Yes, of course he does. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                             Another regular listener. -NT - (bepatient)
                 Wrong on two counts. (Oh, look, that's all of them!) - (CRConrad) - (6)
                     I equate the 2 acts - (bepatient) - (5)
                         Sending a letter is kind of meaningless - (Seamus) - (2)
                             Regardless. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                 Re: Regardless. - (Seamus)
                         CENSORSHIP - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                             Re: CENSORSHIP - (bepatient)
         It is the Democrat response to the MoveOn ad - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
             Fair and Balanced - (bepatient)
         Probably cause - (Simon_Jester)
         But, since we're POSTing Rush... - (Simon_Jester)

Mmmm... Flavored Beer.
186 ms