IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Wrong on two counts. (Oh, look, that's all of them!)
BeeP rushes to defend that upstanding stalwart man of honour, Rush Limbaugh:
And they are really stretching here..because the transcript makes it pretty clear what he was actually talking about. Still, it was an easy target and a good out of context quote for the dem machine to pounce on.
Yes, the transcript of this, the second broadcast, makes it utterly clear that he is now trying to claim that the first broadcast was about "one man only". The actual transcript of the first broadcast, though... Funny, why aren't you quoting that? (I mean, that is the "context" you're accusing them of taking things out of.) Could it be because that proves Limbaugh -- and therefore BeeP, in so uncritically echoing him -- is being a tad economical with the actual fact-based truth? Read the transcripts and judge for yourselves:

[link|http://mediamatters.org/items/200709270010|Limbaugh: Service members who support U.S. withdrawal are "phony soldiers"] and [link|http://mediamatters.org/items/200709280009|Limbaugh selectively edited "phony soldiers" clip, claimed it was "the entire transcript"]. (And here's an earlier one, from August, where he applies the same smear to some guy called Paul Hacket: [link|http://mediamatters.org/items/200508040003|Limbaugh on Hackett: "a liberal Democrat" who served in Iraq "to pad the resum\ufffd"] -- and, while he's at it, gives Senators John Kerry and Max Cleland a stroke or two with the same brush. What, you thought the despicable SwiftBoaters had been debunked? Not in Rush's world! [And fuck knows about BeeP's.])

Hey, one more thing: He constantly talks about "the phony soldiers" -- note the plural-denoting 's'.

So, that's one count where you're wrong.

It seems like the count is equal on the power of Congress being used to "violate 1st Amendment rights" over the past couple of weeks.
Let's see... Is this letter signed by "We, the United States Senate, by the powers vested in us, do solemnly Declare ...", or whatever phraseology the Senate would use in an official resolution of censure? No, look -- it isn't! It's signed by just a bunch of people (who happen to be Senators), i.e, with no official imprimatur by (one half of) the legislative power of the United States of America whatsoever. There is a world of difference! But, oops, you must have "missed" that. I know, I know, that's such an easy thing to do.

But still, that's the second count where you're wrong. And since that was all there was to your post, you're wrong on all counts. (OK, "both" doesn't sound quite as bad. Use that, then, if you will.)

And of course I'm a right wing whacko for pointing that out.
Oh no, of course you're oh-so-impartially "just a general pessimist" about all politicians. It's sheer coincidence that everything you actually say about politics here, tends to support the Republicans. Sheer coincidence.

And, hey, if whatever it is that you're saying about politics (and just coincidentally in support of the Republicans) happens to be tinged more with Republican "truthiness" than actual fact-based truth... Well, that doesn't mean you're being a Republican mouthpiece either! Because it just doesn't, because you say so, and never mind those pesky facts!

(But, hey, you've been trying this gambit for a long time now, and it isn't any more wrong now than it's been all along... So I won't count that one against you here. Let's call it a "meta" point.)

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
New I equate the 2 acts
only can read what I see and I don't listen. I'm not defending rush beyond what I read from the unedited transcript on that days program.

YOU, on the other hand, have invented this as a defense of Rush. I don't listen to him, don't care about him and have no reason at all to defend him.

If you would care to actually read the posts made, you would see that this was started and is continuing as "why arean't we just as disgusted with >this< around here?"

To which you, apparently, a non US guy at that...appear to jump to rabid defense of the DEM position (Of COURSE its different, it wasn't an official vote...ignoring that it was on written by a Senator, on his letterhead and signed by 40 some-odd gov't officials)

In the meantime, they have the dem party machinery trying to have him removed from AFRTS. ACTUAL CENSORHSIP. But hey, only the repo's play by those rules. Keep on deluding yourself, pal.

So I read you, Rush is BAAAD, Moveon is GOOOD (this sounds like your point...but I'm the right wing whacko)

(PS..without that SHEER COINCIDENCE, you'd be left with Marlowe as a dissent. And Box once or twice. Not much point in discussing something if your all in lockstep, is there? Remember your rules of debate)
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Sending a letter is kind of meaningless
especially when it is Rush they are talking about.

Whether you are defending him or not, for you so that it is obvious that they were stretching because he was talking about only one soldier and not trying to undercut all the soldiers who come out against the war is truly unbelievable. The message the right is delivering is that anybody and everybody who doesn't think there is any way to achieve the objectives of the war and that we are doing more harm than good over there is someone who wants America to lose. That comes through very clearly in the transcript.

I don't listen to Rush, but I can read.
Seamus
Expand Edited by Seamus Oct. 4, 2007, 09:56:24 AM EDT
New Regardless.
It appeared from what I read that he was dealing with the likes of the true fake...but I understand the broad brush thinking too. Its not really the point.

In fact, its more to my point if one thinks it was a slam against every soldier.

A vote of the kind done on moveon is also pretty meaningless. But it seems to get alot of people fired up around here.
New Re: Regardless.
IMO, anyone with any experience with Rush picks up on what he does and how he operates. And I don't see how the fact that Rush was talking out more than just the one soldier affects your point one way or the other.

Same with the dems. AFAICS, everyone on the right knows the dems don't have the stomach to consistently use the same tactics as the right does. Let alone with the same veracity. Using tactics like the letter is, not currently, a part of their main arsenal. It is not effective and that is why people ignore it. Its just not worth arguing about something that meaningless, especially when the other side ignores it. If it doesn't work and doesn't generate any attention, they may stop doing it.

The right, on the other hand, are very skilled at turning things like the moveon.org ad into their own sound bite. They did that by successfully re-framing the ad and making it a big deal. You had the same view point. The only thing I took exception to was the flawed logic you used to prove your point.

Seamus
New CENSORSHIP
In the meantime, they have the dem party machinery trying to have him removed from AFRTS. ACTUAL CENSORHSIP. But hey, only the repo's play by those rules. Keep on deluding yourself, pal.

<cough>

Well, now, if you want to define censorship that way...that opens all kinds of doors. Are you SURE that pulling Rush from AFRTS is CENSORSHIP? I mean it's my tax dollars that are putting him on the air. Is Rush ENTITLED to those dollars?
New Re: CENSORSHIP
oops
     Hrm. Wonder why this hasn't been posted yet - (bepatient) - (22)
         Guess we have better things to do -NT - (imqwerky)
         Why should it be? - (crazy) - (16)
             I thought that only - (bepatient) - (15)
                 It is dumb to play that game with the republicans - (Seamus) - (7)
                     It appears to me - (bepatient) - (6)
                         That is the way he operates - (Seamus) - (5)
                             Regular listener then? - (bepatient) - (4)
                                 Nope - (Seamus) - (3)
                                     So he needs to be studied? - (bepatient) - (2)
                                         Yes, of course he does. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                             Another regular listener. -NT - (bepatient)
                 Wrong on two counts. (Oh, look, that's all of them!) - (CRConrad) - (6)
                     I equate the 2 acts - (bepatient) - (5)
                         Sending a letter is kind of meaningless - (Seamus) - (2)
                             Regardless. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                 Re: Regardless. - (Seamus)
                         CENSORSHIP - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                             Re: CENSORSHIP - (bepatient)
         It is the Democrat response to the MoveOn ad - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
             Fair and Balanced - (bepatient)
         Probably cause - (Simon_Jester)
         But, since we're POSTing Rush... - (Simon_Jester)

I wanted to request installing a suggestion box at work, but I had no way of doing it.
82 ms