IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Judge overturns Bush Presidential record secrecy order
[link|http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/10/02/presidential.records.ap/index.html|CNN]
In a narrowly crafted ruling, U.S. District Judge Colleen Kollar-Kotelly invalidated part of President Bush's 2001 executive order, which allowed former presidents and vice presidents to review executive records before they are released under the Freedom of Information Act.

By law, the National Archives has the final say over the release of presidential records and Kollar-Kotelly ruled that Bush's executive order "effectively eliminates" that discretion.

It allows former presidents to delay the release of records "presumably indefinitely," she said.

The judge on Monday ordered the National Archives not to withhold any more documents based on that section of the executive order.

Didn't quite strike down the entire thing, but she gutted the important part. This is something that needed overturned, but it is a little late at this point. One of the reason Bush Jr issued it was to keep people out of Bush Sr records while he was in office, and fixing that problem now doesn't mean much.

Jay
New I find the timing interesting
1 year before the election Clintons records are unsealed
thanx.
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
     Judge overturns Bush Presidential record secrecy order - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
         I find the timing interesting - (boxley)

No, you didn't. You came here for an argument!
79 ms