IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New My point exactly
By launching the attack in a full page ad, they initiated the battle. Had they done this critique (and many did) in an op-ed format, they wouldn't have invited

They weren't attacked because they said "Betray Us". They were attacked because they pulled a full page ad out and were questioning the President's plan on Iraq. The fact that they used "Betray Us" wasn't the issue, it was merely an opening for Republican to attack.

Their words and brow-beating about not attacking a military office had nothing to do it. If one of their own does it (say for charging people for doing their jobs - Abu Ghraib / Sniper baiting) they're let off the hook because, in the end, they don't want to attack their own.
New Re: My point exactly
Minor disagreement, the fact they said "betray us" gave the spin machine an non-issue related topic to hammer on. They no longer needed to focus on the content, only the man and his service.

Moveon made it easy.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Betray us
in order to logically attack the Betray us part of the ad
it is necessary to believe that the claim (or suggestion) that the general has indeed betrayed us is false
it would seem that the only way to do that is to ignore his statements over the years

there were massive attacks on Westmoreland, and others, during Vietnam

they were true too

A
Play I Some Music w/ Papa Andy
Saturday 8 PM - 11 PM ET
All Night Rewind 11 PM - 5 PM
Reggae, African and Caribbean Music
[link|http://westcottradio.org|Tune In]
New This is not logic, its a sound bite battle.
New From the outside looking in
sound-bite battles no longer matter. When are the blatant fascists running things down there going to get the levers of power taken away from them?

Another way to look at it; every time the national dialogue goes the way of the SBBs, the nation drags itself deeper into the midden.
New Its an election cycle
unfortunately it started way too soon and will thus last way too long. Sound bite battles are how its done now and they actually do matter. Maybe not to you...(but you're from the Great White North)

It has little to do with who is currently in power and more to do with those charged with getting them and/or keeping them in power.
     I do think some of your analysis is correct - (Simon_Jester) - (17)
         Methodology - (bepatient) - (16)
             My point exactly - (Simon_Jester) - (5)
                 Re: My point exactly - (bepatient) - (4)
                     Betray us - (andread) - (3)
                         This is not logic, its a sound bite battle. -NT - (bepatient) - (2)
                             From the outside looking in - (jake123) - (1)
                                 Its an election cycle - (bepatient)
             They HAD to do it in an ad, AFAICS. - (CRConrad) - (9)
                 Anyone can write an op-ed - (bepatient) - (8)
                     Ah yes, that would be sooooooooo effective. - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                         I'm glad you both agree with me - (bepatient) - (5)
                             Only problem is, you're still, as you've done all along... - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                 I'm ok with your fantasies - (bepatient) - (3)
                                     Oh shutup. You have no time to kibitz with me anyway, you... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                         Too much Carl Hiaasen? - (hnick) - (1)
                                             'Xackly: Yes, but no. - (CRConrad)
                     Seems you read my post as if it were one. Q.E.D. -NT - (CRConrad)

Make your blood boil?
92 ms