IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Intellectual Dishonesty
Mr. Ruloff, a Canadian who lives in British Columbia, said he turned to filmmaking after selling his software company in the 1990s. He said he decided to make \ufffdExpelled,\ufffd his first project, after he became interested in genomics and biotechnology but discovered \ufffdthere are certain questions you are just not allowed to ask and certain approaches you are just not allowed to take.\ufffd

He said he knew researchers, whom he would not name, who had studied cellular mechanisms and made findings \ufffdriddled with metaphysical implications\ufffd and suggestive of an intelligent designer. But they are afraid to report them, he said.

Mr. Ruloff also cited Dr. Francis S. Collins, a geneticist who directs the National Human Genome Research Institute and whose book, \ufffdThe Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief\ufffd (Simon & Schuster, 2006), explains how he came to embrace his Christian faith. Dr. Collins separates his religious beliefs from his scientific work only because \ufffdhe is toeing the party line,\ufffd Mr. Ruloff said.

That\ufffds \ufffdjust ludicrous,\ufffd Dr. Collins said in a telephone interview. While many of his scientific colleagues are not religious and some are \ufffda bit puzzled\ufffd by his faith, he said, \ufffdthey are generally very respectful.\ufffd He said that if the problem Mr. Ruloff describes existed, he is certain he would know about it.

Dr. Collins was not asked to participate in the film.

Richard Dawkins is quoted as saying he was lied to about the premise of the movie.

I have only heard small bits of one radio interview with Dr. Collins and he did not sound like someone who would 'toe the line'; he sounded like a reasonable man who integrated his faith with his work. Not someone who made comprises on either side.

I used to have have a little bit of respect for Ben Stein, not anymore. In this article, he narrates the movie, he says he believes in the theory of evolution, but that it leads to racism and genocide.
Seamus
New Link?
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
- Mark Renton, Trainspotting.
New NY Times.
[link|http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/27/science/27expelled.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin|NY Times].

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: NY Times.
Thanks.
Seamus
     Intellectual Dishonesty - (Seamus) - (3)
         Link? -NT - (warmachine) - (2)
             NY Times. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Re: NY Times. - (Seamus)

“How do you tell when you’re out of invisible ink?”

- Steven Wright
46 ms