IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Code of Silence
I meant to make the last post a new thread, so here is more from the [link|http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/world/iraq/20070923-9999-1n23generals.html|San Diego Union-Tribune] :

When their warnings were ignored, some came to believe it was their patriotic duty to speak out, even if it meant terminating their careers.

It was a decision none of the men approached cavalierly. Most were political conservatives who had voted for George W. Bush and initially favored his appointment of Donald Rumsfeld as defense secretary.

But they felt betrayed by Bush and his advisers.

\ufffdThe ethos is: Give your advice to those in a position to make changes, not the media,\ufffd said Maj. Gen. Paul Eaton, now retired. \ufffdBut this administration is immune to good advice.\ufffd

It is rare in U.S. history for even retired generals to step outside the chain of command and criticize the nation's civilian leaders.

That was true even at the time of the unpopular Vietnam War.

Andrew Bacevich, a professor of history and international relations at Boston University, said several generals who served in Vietnam now regret they didn't go public when it might have done the nation some good.

\ufffdThat has encouraged generals today to voice their unhappiness,\ufffd Bacevich said.

Seamus
Expand Edited by Seamus Sept. 24, 2007, 06:09:02 PM EDT
New 'But this administration is immune to good advice.'
Priceless concision.

Brevity Award,
with Dead Iraqi shrunken head Cluster.

Code of Silence - (Seamus) - (1)
         'But this administration is immune to good advice.' - (Ashton)

I just know what I read in the magazines.
31 ms