IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Better answer to that
Comment not necessary for this link:

[link|http://www.bi30.org/wordpress/2007/09/21/im-with-stupid-stupid-over-here-stupid-over-there-suddenly-were-surrounded-by-idiots/|I'm With Stupid]

Tom Sinclair

Kaylee: Wash, tell me I'm pretty.
Wash: Were I unwed, I would take you in a manly fashion.
Kaylee: Because I'm pretty?
Wash: Because you're pretty.
- "Heart of Gold", Firefly
New I was pondering something the other day...
considering how poorly funded our public schools are, and of course how this was affecting the students. I began to wonder if the rich leaders of this country were keeping the funding low to keep the low and middle classes stupid so we would accept the word of our leaders easier. I figured the rich send their children to private schools where they could get a proper education, and keep the chain of leadership among themselves.

Then of course I remembered our president, Bush, is rich... I guess that blew that theory!
~~~)-Steven----

Stapp's Ironical Paradox:
"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

Col. John P. Stapp - Decelerator 'Test Pilot'
New You are right - in a way
He's part of the Skull and Bones Society. They pull/hold lots of strings when it comes to power in this country. I think you might be on to something (cue mysterious organ music)
Smile,
Amy
New Bush supports your theory
If education for the middle and working classes was comparable to private schools, Bush would have had competition with many more capable candidates and would have lost. The great thing about an anti-intellectual culture and entrenched elitism is that potential usurpers can even be wiped out by transparent lies.
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
- Mark Renton, Trainspotting.
New Only one flaw
it can't last forever.
Smile,
Amy
New Nothing lasts forever. What's your point?
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
New Sorry, should have been a tad more specific
o anal one (and I mean that with affection);-)

While it's true that the US is fraught with idiots, our intelligencia cannot allow our nation to wallow in stupor. Yes, we've seen decline for nearly a decade. Some would say even longer. But from where I sit, the feeling is that we've had enough. It's time for a change. So, when I said it doesn't last forever I meant that it can't last very long at all. Trying to dumb down a society won't work. It may have worked when there was less technology and less communication, but there's too much information available today. Besides, our economy depends upon an educated workforce. We can't afford to be stupid. (don't get me started on outsourcing, btw :-) )
Smile,
Amy
New Good point. Pity about the budget.
I have to agree. You can't base an economy on semi-literates spending money they can afford forever. Learning and entrepreneurship will have to be back on the agenda. However, education costs money in incentives, propaganda and lost taxes whilst not working and the federal budget is a disaster. Has to be done, as you say, so expect dramatic cuts in spending in everything but education.

An interesting side effect will be politicians telling the religious nutters to STFU and stay away from education boards. Might even see convoluted tax rules for churches so only the larger, more mainstream and saner, churches can avoid paying excessive tax.
Matthew Greet

Quiz shows - UK vs. US - (tjsinclair) - (41)
         Yes. - (pwhysall) - (17)
             "The Simpsons" -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 But that "emanated" more than ten years ago. -NT - (CRConrad)
             Two of the best shows on TV: - (admin) - (11)
                 I've been bored of Sci-fi since B5, pretty much - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     You can't watch it that way. - (admin)
                 Burn Notice - (imqwerky) - (8)
                     I think someone's editing history... - (static) - (7)
                         Re he heallly? - (imqwerky) - (6)
                             Never looked. - (static) - (5)
                                 Tanked? - (imqwerky) - (4)
                                     I meant the mysterious one I saw a few years ago. - (static) - (3)
                                         What? - (imqwerky) - (2)
                                             I don't know! - (static) - (1)
                                                 I misunderstood you - (imqwerky)
             Ignore him - (warmachine)
             House and Rescue Me. - (crazy) - (1)
                 House usually annoys me. - (Another Scott)
         If you listen to NPR... - (Yendor) - (3)
             Re: If you listen to NPR... - (tjsinclair) - (2)
                 Hmmm... - (Yendor) - (1)
                     Alternate sources - (tjsinclair)
         Smart quiz shows are popular - (warmachine) - (16)
             Re: Smart quiz shows are popular - (tjsinclair) - (15)
                 It's interesting what exports and why. - (static) - (2)
                     Re: Australian TV - (tjsinclair) - (1)
                         The former. - (static)
                 Anti-intellectualism and isolationism - (warmachine) - (11)
                     Current affairs knowledge - (tjsinclair) - (10)
                         I don't know how to answer that - (warmachine) - (9)
                             I appreciate your discretion -NT - (tjsinclair)
                             Better answer to that - (tjsinclair) - (7)
                                 I was pondering something the other day... - (Steven A S) - (6)
                                     You are right - in a way - (imqwerky)
                                     Bush supports your theory - (warmachine) - (4)
                                         Only one flaw - (imqwerky) - (3)
                                             Nothing lasts forever. What's your point? -NT - (warmachine) - (2)
                                                 Sorry, should have been a tad more specific - (imqwerky) - (1)
                                                     Good point. Pity about the budget. - (warmachine)
         It could be worse - (Steven A S) - (1)
             The Japanese will make a game show out of *anything*. - (static)

And don't forget the fire ants.
86 ms