IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Reminds me of an old joke...
Three accountants are interviewing for a job. The prospective employer ask each one, "what's two plus two?"... Okay, so you've heard it before.

Yeah, that's right, the one who gets the job answers, "what do you want it to be?".

I have a feeling that will be the answer to your question on truth as well. I understand your rationale for asking, maybe he'll bite, but there's really nothing to be gained here. The "truth" is a goal that we all strive for, but as you well know, the truth in history is that history is written by the conquerors, the educated, the random scraps of bs papers that survive the razing of the city-state...

Sorry in advance for interferring. Us leftest ideologues can't help but spoil the fun.

You're right, the more I think about it, I'd like to know what the "truth" is myself...
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

"All I want is the truth"
John Lennon

"Nietzsche has an S in it"
Celina Jones
Expand Edited by screamer Feb. 21, 2002, 09:46:33 PM EST
New "Truth" with the big "T".
I have a feeling that will be the answer to your question on truth as well.
I'm glad you're so in touch with your feelings. Or did you miss the "T" in "Truth"?

Feel whatever you want to feel. We'll see what his answer is to that question. But I don't think he will answer that question.

Why won't he answer it? Is it because he's afraid "The Truth" won't be able to stand on its own? Isn't it "The Truth" after all? Or are we discussing his opinions?

I understand your rationale for asking, maybe he'll bite, but there's really nothing to be gained here.
Sure there is. He can demonstrate how wrong I am and support his earlier statement. You remember the one? Allow me to re-quote it for you:
When Leftists ideologues say there is no real truth, the truth itself becomes politicized. But remember, truth was here first.

The "truth" is a goal that we all strive for, but as you well know, the truth in history is that history is written by the conquerors, the educated, the random scraps of bs papers that survive the razing of the city-state...
I think you're confusing "Truth" with "stories". Many times, these "stories" are reported as "historical fact". But they are still "stories". He refered to "truth". He said the "truth" was here first.

You're right, the more I think about it, I'd like to know what the "truth" is myself...
Me too!
     Oped: Conservatism defined - (marlowe) - (30)
         Re: Oped: Conservatism defined - (JayMehaffey) - (9)
             About the nuclear family. - (marlowe) - (1)
                 Actually it worse then that - (JayMehaffey)
             Also, about that military thing. - (marlowe) - (1)
                 Whoa there! - (Brandioch)
             Re: Oped: Conservatism defined - (wharris2) - (4)
                 How it differs - (JayMehaffey) - (3)
                     Amazing truths - (wharris2) - (2)
                         The real diff between modern "liberals" and "conservatives" - (marlowe) - (1)
                             Exactly. - (inthane-chan)
         And I'll ask it again. - (Brandioch) - (19)
             what the truth "is" - (boxley) - (14)
                 No dodging, no jokes, no bullshit. - (Brandioch) - (13)
                     Good question. - (inthane-chan)
                     Reminds me of an old joke... - (screamer) - (1)
                         "Truth" with the big "T". - (Brandioch)
                     I don't play rigged games, so don't ask. - (marlowe) - (9)
                         cop out - (boxley) - (4)
                             Cop out yerself. - (marlowe) - (3)
                                 facts/cases arnt truth - (boxley) - (2)
                                     Well, facts sure as hell ain't falsehood. - (marlowe) - (1)
                                         This just keeps getting better. :) - (Brandioch)
                         Thank you, God. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                             Marlowe is quoting: - (Ric Locke) - (1)
                                 However the world changes, - (Ashton)
                         Tautologies - don't leave home without a handful, especially - (Ashton)
             Actually.. JC had one of the cleverer answers to that one, - (Ashton) - (3)
                 Nicely phrased. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                     So all this is a lie? - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                         Revealed Truth on 'adiposity' - (Ashton)