IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Nuh-uh
Example: Before any elective surgery, the patient is always told: Stop aspirin and ibuprofen products, nothing to eat or drink after midnight, etc, etc.

If you dont follow the orders, you dont get your surgery. Why? Because you could bleed out or aspirate on your vomit and the docs arent going to risk that happening. They want your surgery to be as safe and successful as possible.

It's good doctoring.

If he looked hard enough, Mr. Ankle guy might be able to find a surgeon who will do his procedure. One who isnt concerned with liability. Because you can bet if there is a poor outcome, this guy will turn around and sue.

....And it already standard medical practice to have overweight patients lose weight prior to joint replacement. Extra weight puts a lot of stress on the joints.

New Acquaintance of mine
Had to drop 60 pounds before doctor would how hip replacement...

She whined and bitched, but did it.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New Nuh-uh back
They told me that and I countered with
No Fucking Way.
There is no way I'm stopping my NSAIDs just because I might bleed out on the table. The pain is not worth it.
They said: Ok, never mind.
And did the procedure anyway.
New Dont you start
They did the procedure because they were hoping for the chance to autopsy your weird-ass body.
New you mean it would be faster to identify what didnt kill im?
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Asprin is dropped
because it's a blood thinner. The bleeding from the surgery will be worse if a patient takes asprin even just 12 hours before. (no idea on ibuprofen)

<Shrug> this one is a tough call for me. I'm assuming that the surgery is going to require more than local anathesia and that might explain the smoking aspect. (Note: the guy doesn't work because of smoking related chest problems)

That said, it does seem to indicate that this is a general attack on smoking rather than mere surgery. (Note: no one stated that the patient couldn't have smoked 2 weeks prior to surgery or whatever....they're demanding that he quit without a timeline.)

And while I hate smoking....looking at an ankle, it's hard to justify it.

Course, the guys an idiot. He refused the treatment the first time around. Frankly, I think it's probably that the bones have calcified together...meaning the surgury won't work this time either.
     UK health care wont treat broken ankle - (boxley) - (37)
         That's just good clinical sense - (pwhysall) - (3)
             so give him a bed, chain him to it for 48hrs and fix his leg -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 Or alternatively, he could just /stop smoking/ - (pwhysall)
             Possibly not even that nannyish... - (hnick)
         Seems reasonable to me - (Lily) - (30)
             Completely disagree - (bepatient) - (29)
                 Now you're being disagreeable. - (Lily) - (28)
                     I disagree - (jake123) - (2)
                         you are not allowed to be sensible, its SMOKING CIGGARETTES! -NT - (boxley)
                         Stopping smoking is basically part of the pre-op - (pwhysall)
                     Re: Now you're being disagreeable. - (bepatient) - (24)
                         Incorrect. - (pwhysall) - (17)
                             I see. - (bepatient) - (16)
                                 Inpatient nicotine detox? - (Lily) - (14)
                                     Why not - (bepatient) - (13)
                                         It's elective surgery. - (Another Scott) - (11)
                                             Oh bullsh*t - (crazy) - (10)
                                                 Disagree. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                                     And WHO classified it as elective? - (crazy) - (8)
                                                         Come on now. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                                             If you had enough pain - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                                 If I needed morphine every day... - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                     "alleviate severe pain." - (crazy) - (3)
                                                                         "Life sucks, then you die". :-/ -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                             Good Saying - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                                                                 It's from The Fools. - (Another Scott)
                                                                 If I had that much pain... - (pwhysall)
                                         Because - (Lily)
                                 Nonsense. - (pwhysall)
                         Nuh-uh - (Lily) - (5)
                             Acquaintance of mine - (jbrabeck)
                             Nuh-uh back - (crazy) - (2)
                                 Dont you start - (Lily) - (1)
                                     you mean it would be faster to identify what didnt kill im? -NT - (boxley)
                             Asprin is dropped - (Simon_Jester)
         Irony? Or maybe not... - (Another Scott) - (1)
             People also get addicted to it everyday, also. -NT - (folkert)

When you just can't miss an opportunity to belabor the obvious.
76 ms