IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Bush Announces Extension of National Emergenecy Act
www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/09/20070912-2.html

Bush Announces Extension of National Emergenecy Act:

Notice: Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to Certain Terrorist Attacks

Consistent with section 202(d) of the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1622(d)), I am continuing for 1 year the national emergency I declared on September 14, 2001, in Proclamation 7463, with respect to the terrorist attacks at the World Trade Center, New York, New York, the Pentagon, and aboard United Airlines flight 93, and the continuing and immediate threat of further attacks on the United States.

Because the terrorist threat continues, the national emergency declared on September 14, 2001, last extended on September 5, 2006, and the powers and authorities adopted to deal with that emergency, must continue in effect beyond September 14, 2007. Therefore, I am continuing in effect for an additional year the national emergency I declared on September 14, 2001, with respect to the terrorist threat.

This notice shall be published in the Federal Register and transmitted to the Congress.

GEORGE W. BUSH
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
PGP key: 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0  2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
Alternate Fingerprint: 09F9 1102 9D74  E35B D841 56C5 6356 88C0
Alternate Fingerprint: 455F E104 22CA  29C4 933F 9505 2B79 2AB2
New And next year
Notice: Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to Certain Terrorist Attacks

Consistent with section 202(d) of the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1622(d)), I am continuing for 1 year the national emergency I declared on September 14, 2001, in Proclamation 7463, with respect to the terrorist attacks at the World Trade Center, New York, New York, the Pentagon, and aboard United Airlines flight 93, and the continuing and immediate threat of further attacks on the United States.

Because the terrorist threat continues, the national emergency declared on September 14, 2001, last extended on September 13, 2007, and the powers and authorities adopted to deal with that emergency, must continue in effect beyond September 14, 2008. Therefore, I am continuing in effect for an additional year the national emergency I declared on September 14, 2001, with respect to the terrorist threat.

It is with great joy and happiness I hereby suspend all Federal elections, abolish both the House and the Senate, and relieve the entire Supreme Court of their responsibilities, until I deem the terrorist threat to be resolved. Furthermore, I declare henceforth, I shall be addressed as King Shrub I.

This notice shall be published in the Federal Register and transmitted to my Kingdom.

GEORGE W. BUSH

edit: changed Congress to Kingdom in last paragraph.
Expand Edited by jbrabeck Sept. 13, 2007, 07:44:37 PM EDT
Expand Edited by jbrabeck Sept. 20, 2007, 09:21:14 AM EDT
New actually he will nominate Putin as his successor
and putin will nominate him as president of russia.
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Only one error...
Your last paragraph can't possibly be right, because der Berk will have "abolish[ed] both the House and the Senate..." So who's he gonna transmit this proclamation to?

Just a nit...

:-/
jb4
"It's hard for me, you know, living in this beautiful White House, to give you a firsthand assessment."
George W. Bush, when asked if he believed Iraq was in a state of civil war (Newsweek, 26 Feb 07)
     Bush Announces Extension of National Emergenecy Act - (folkert) - (3)
         And next year - (jbrabeck) - (2)
             actually he will nominate Putin as his successor - (boxley)
             Only one error... - (jb4)

A metric buttload of LRPDs.
37 ms