IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New jethro bodine was right! you can burn water
[link|http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8RIRI600&show_article=1|http://www.breitbart...00&show_article=1]
ohn Kanzius happened upon the discovery accidentally when he tried to desalinate seawater with a radio-frequency generator he developed to treat cancer. He discovered that as long as the salt water was exposed to the radio frequencies, it would burn.

The discovery has scientists excited by the prospect of using salt water, the most abundant resource on earth, as a fuel.

Rustum Roy, a Penn State University chemist, has held demonstrations at his State College lab to confirm his own observations.

The radio frequencies act to weaken the bonds between the elements that make up salt water, releasing the hydrogen, Roy said. Once ignited, the hydrogen will burn as long as it is exposed to the frequencies, he said.
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Re: jethro bodine was right! you can burn water
and to think electrolysis has been known for a very long time

A
Play I Some Music w/ Papa Andy
Saturday 8 PM - 11 PM ET
All Night Rewind 11 PM - 5 PM
Reggae, African and Caribbean Music
[link|http://westcottradio.org|Tune In]
New are you implying these inventors were brits :-)
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New to think electrolysis has been known for a very long time
You mean we can run our cars on facial hair? :-D
Smile,
Amy
New To quote PB: "My Name is..." - Uh, no, I mean the other one.
New OEPEC
Organization of EPilator Exporting Countries

/me ducks and runs for cover...
jb4
"It's hard for me, you know, living in this beautiful White House, to give you a firsthand assessment."
George W. Bush, when asked if he believed Iraq was in a state of civil war (Newsweek, 26 Feb 07)
New Are you afraid of getting waxed? :-)
Smile,
Amy
New Been there, done that, didn't like it...
jb4
"It's hard for me, you know, living in this beautiful White House, to give you a firsthand assessment."
George W. Bush, when asked if he believed Iraq was in a state of civil war (Newsweek, 26 Feb 07)
New You show a lot of pluck :-)
Smile,
Amy
Expand Edited by imqwerky Sept. 22, 2007, 11:55:42 PM EDT
New I think the real question is
how much power goes into the radio transmitter, and how much do you get out from the combustion? Can you drive the transmitter from the energy from the combustion with energy to spare? How much energy to spare?

A related and also very important question is, are there any hazards from the EM frequency they use?
New Gosh - big breakthrough eh?
Missing from this Excitement - though it's rather obvious, I thought:

1) What's the INPUT RF power ??

(and.. it's never 100% efficient to convert DC power to RF output levels - nor can the ionization process suggested.. achieve 100% efficiency)

-VS-

2) The OUTPUT gases' recombination [H + O reaction] power output ??

(Power = Energy/Time, so one can just compare KW-hours - no need for actual real-time Power measurement.)

TANSTAAFL
Maybe next we can do electric cars as panacea, too - but with the Numbers / skip the dream fluff.

Teacher to naval pupil:
"A ship is bearing down on you, your ammunition is low - what do you do?"

Seaman:
"Sir! sink it with a sub, Sir!"

Teach:
"Where did you get the sub?"

Seaman:
"Sir! same place you got the ship, Sir!!"

New This again
This is going around AGAIN? I was hoping it was debunked the first time but I guess I hope for too much. The problem is this part.
The discovery has scientists excited by the prospect of using salt water, the most abundant resource on earth, as a fuel.

A large amount of electrical energy is used to electrolyze water. That's not fuel, it's a naff form of energy conversion. Better off using old fashioned electrolysis.

What we really have is a form of electrolysis without electrodes. Might work as part of a treatment for cancer. Neat.

Don't these journalists know anyone who stayed awake during chemistry classes?
Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
- Mark Renton, Trainspotting.
     jethro bodine was right! you can burn water - (boxley) - (11)
         Re: jethro bodine was right! you can burn water - (andread) - (8)
             are you implying these inventors were brits :-) -NT - (boxley)
             to think electrolysis has been known for a very long time - (imqwerky) - (5)
                 To quote PB: "My Name is..." - Uh, no, I mean the other one. -NT - (CRConrad)
                 OEPEC - (jb4) - (3)
                     Are you afraid of getting waxed? :-) -NT - (imqwerky) - (2)
                         Been there, done that, didn't like it... -NT - (jb4) - (1)
                             You show a lot of pluck :-) -NT - (imqwerky)
             I think the real question is - (jake123)
         Gosh - big breakthrough eh? - (Ashton)
         This again - (warmachine)

Better than a VBF, any day of the week.
107 ms