IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Wrong.
But I do see a difference between someone who kills someone for money (for drugs) and someone who kills for pleasure. I believe that the hate crime rules were enacted to attempt to punish (harsher) those who kill for pleasure.

Nope. Hate crime laws were passed to punish whites for killing blacks more harshly than blacks killing whites. Some of that may have been influenced by the (perhaps perceived) inequality of white vs. black sentencing, but whatever else may have prompted it, punishing whites harder is the reason for it.

I have yet to hear of one black-on-white hate crime being prosecuted.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong.
Where each demon is slain, more hate is raised, yet hate unchecked also multiplies. - L. E. Modesitt, from his Recluse series
New Interesting...

Nope. Hate crime laws were passed to punish whites for killing blacks more harshly than blacks killing whites. Some of that may have been influenced by the (perhaps perceived) inequality of white vs. black sentencing, but whatever else may have prompted it, punishing whites harder is the reason for it.

I believe that was the most common argument for it, but hate crimes encompass a far greater range than simple white vs. black. (Hate crimes have been used to prosecute people who attack Native Americans, gays, etc.)

I have yet to hear of one black-on-white hate crime being prosecuted.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

In the year 2000, (according to the FBI) there were a total of 10 Murder and nonnegligent manslaughters that were classified as hate crimes (Hispanic/Other had another 6). There were 5 attributed to anti-white and 3 attributed to anti-black.

However, the report does not show the race of those whom committed the anti-white murders/manslaughters.

[link|http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius_00/hate00.pdf| source ]
     Why do only murder of Blacks by Whites get media attention? - (boxley) - (14)
         Because whites are self centered and lazy in this - (screamer) - (4)
             It's hard to be outraged over something - (SpiceWare) - (1)
                 At the risk of sounding like a broken record (cd?) - (screamer)
             Because there isn't a white equivalent... - (bepatient)
             Who you callin' lazy? - (marlowe)
         I love our lax journalistic standards... - (Simon_Jester) - (5)
             your link is broke - (boxley) - (4)
                 damn...it works for me... - (Simon_Jester) - (3)
                     No difference - (boxley)
                     Wrong. - (wharris2) - (1)
                         Interesting... - (Simon_Jester)
         Paragraph count. - (Brandioch) - (2)
             maybe the charges should reflect society - (boxley)
             Is this based on yr "most cops are bigots by training" thry? -NT - (tablizer)

Have you ever noticed that all the instruments searching for intelligent life are pointed AWAY from Earth?
54 ms