IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Reply to your OT comment
All that is left of Daisy is a wall. They tore the rest of the factory down and left the wall as an historic memorial. The Wilcox house is a B & B now. I didnt know it was the home of a dirty mistress, though. How interesting!

I was just in Plymouth yesterday. Did a little window shopping and went to the Box Bar for lunch. You ever been? 40 beers on trap and 700 bottled varieties from around the world. I got too overwhelmed with the choices and had a Sam Adams. A Sam Adams! D'Oh!
We should meet up there sometime.

Then I finished up the day with a trip to Earth Lore (the Pagan/Wiccan/crystal/new age store), which will open me up to all kinds of ridicule if I tell you what I bought, so I wont.

Regarding the topic of the thread... Government regulations to ensure that products are safely manufactured are well and good. Beyond that, it is the consumer's responsibility to use the product in a safe and prudent manner. If you drive your snowmobile onto Whitmore Lake and fall through the ice, that is your own damn fault. All the warning labels in the world wont protect someone against their own ignorance.

Remember Jarts? Every kid with half a brain knew not to stand next to the ring we were aiming for, and every kid with half a brain knew not to throw the jart if someone was standing near the ring. The kids with less than half a brain were not allowed to play.

And what about Ouija boards? If you dont want your kids to summon up demonic spirits, you dont buy your kids a tool to do so. That's what got that girl from The Exorcist in so much trouble! It's all common sense, really.

It is all about personal responsibility and the government has no business regulating that.
New I have never actually been to the box bar
All the teachers used to go there, so for some reason I had no desire to go there, but that would be fun. Name the date and time. I won't ask about what you bought till we meet.

I remember hearing Jack Wilcox tell the story about Markham and his mistress when I was at Central. That story was about all I remember learning in middle school. That and some things the gym teacher taught us.

We had a jart set when I was growing up, didn't last long.

When it comes to common sense and what the government's role is, I tend to agree with you that the government shouldn't replace someone's common sense. But, when it starts to be a big cost to society, it is worth discussing what can or should be done. The article was about the circumvention of that discussion.

Seamus
New Well, then you are missing a real treat
Let me consult my babysitter and review my mostly empty social calendar and I will let you know. Tell you what I bought? I can SHOW you! That will be another treat for you.

Also, they have really good food.

Central as in CMU or Central as in middle school? I went to Central Middle School!
What year did you graduate, and from where?
Ummmm... Do I know you?
Expand Edited by Lily Sept. 3, 2007, 12:56:06 PM EDT
New Be careful, Seamus! (new thread)
Created as new thread #292234 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=292234|Be careful, Seamus!]
Smile,
Amy
New !! (new thread)
Created as new thread #292248 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=292248|!!]
     Safety Agency Faces Scrutiny Amid Changes - (Seamus) - (31)
         I agree with Mr Stratton on the daisy issue - (boxley) - (23)
             Re: I agree with Mr Stratton on the daisy issue - (Seamus) - (22)
                 Curiously, I side with Bill. - (hnick)
                 my apologies, I read the exerpt not the link - (boxley) - (20)
                     Re: my apologies, I read the exerpt not the link - (Seamus) - (19)
                         you want to discuss the data or just support the puzzled - (boxley) - (18)
                             The agency lawyer who wasn't scheduled to talk - (Seamus)
                             Re: you want to discuss the data or just support the puzzled - (Seamus) - (16)
                                 so the next time your 10yo kid goes to mount an adult - (boxley) - (15)
                                     I tell him to get off also. Nor would I buy him one - (Seamus) - (14)
                                         Ah, never mind him, he's probably just posting drunk again. - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                             maybe in the places where you live that one may not - (boxley) - (3)
                                                 Thank you for proving my point again. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                                     it was what I was talking about, you were just displaying - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         Re: it was what I was talking about, you were just displayin - (Seamus)
                                         you cannot legislate stupidity and shouldnt try -NT - (boxley) - (8)
                                             Re: you cannot legislate stupidity and shouldnt try - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                                 difference being nanny et all - (boxley) - (3)
                                                     You have no idea what you are talking about - (Seamus) - (2)
                                                         so why dance around the head of a pin? - (boxley) - (1)
                                                             You are the one doing the dancing - (Seamus)
                                             Re: you cannot legislate stupidity and shouldnt try - (Seamus) - (2)
                                                 there you go, finally admitting it - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     I would, I doubt they would - (Seamus)
         Reply to your OT comment - (Lily) - (4)
             I have never actually been to the box bar - (Seamus) - (3)
                 Well, then you are missing a real treat - (Lily) - (2)
                     Be careful, Seamus! (new thread) - (imqwerky)
                     !! (new thread) - (Lily)
         That story jumps all over the place. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             The focus of the article is the changes - (Seamus)

Without passion, there is only suckage.
105 ms