It's kind of hard to blame the media when they are, in theory (and usually in practice), giving us what we want... based on extensive marketing research used to generate marketing revenues by filling commercial air time... So, I conclude, that "we, the frigging people, are the problem".

Having had a bit more time to cogitate on this, in the area I currently live (roughly the greater Chicago area), there is a murder about every night or so. Murders don't get front page very often either - since it is typically blacks killed by other blacks. This is born out by all major crime statistics for the last 20 or so years - that blacks predominately kill other blacks. Jees, talk about not newsworthy, a black kills a black. Who cares? So what else is new?

I do. I want to know why. What was in that kids mind when he pulled the trigger. How did he get to the point where he could kill someone? Where were his parents? Where were his teachers? Where were his friends? Not just for some voyeuristic thrill either, I want to know how we can make these kids, our fellow Americans, stop killing.

I know that Boxley wants to make the point that all murder is a "hate crime" (right?), and I'm just jumping the gun a bit. We, the black and white American PEOPLE, need to be outraged at MURDER, regardless of who is killing who. That is why the whole happy horseshit "Hate Crime Legislation" was such a joke. What murder is not a "hate crime"? Are our courts now psychic?