IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I just don't get Senator Arlen Specter
Perhaps the most striking of all the briefs is the one filed by Senator Arlen Specter, Republican of Pennsylvania. The withdrawal of habeas corpus, he tells the justices, \ufffdis anathema to fundamental liberty interests,\ufffd and the combatant status review tribunal process is so deeply flawed that it \ufffddemands robust habeas review.\ufffd

Mr. Specter was chairman of the Judiciary Committee when the Military Commissions Act was passed. He was, in fact, one of the 65 senators who voted for it.

[link|http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/02/washington/02scotus.html?hp|NY Times] 
Seamus
Collapse Edited by Seamus Sept. 1, 2007, 06:39:59 PM EDT
I just don't get Senator Arlen Specter
Perhaps the most striking of all the briefs is the one filed by Senator Arlen Specter, Republican of Pennsylvania. The withdrawal of habeas corpus, he tells the justices, “is anathema to fundamental liberty interests,” and the combatant status review tribunal process is so deeply flawed that it “demands robust habeas review.”

Mr. Specter was chairman of the Judiciary Committee when the Military Commissions Act was passed. He was, in fact, one of the 65 senators who voted for it.

[link|http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/02/washington/02scotus.html?hp|NY Times here] 
Seamus
New He almost always plays both side of the issue
Talks a good game, anti-Bush, pro-liberty, etc, but then votes the other way.
Seen it for years.
New Re: He almost always plays both side of the issue
That he does, but I can't believe that he couldn't see how stupid it looks to play both sides of this issue without some kind of explanation.
Seamus
     I just don't get Senator Arlen Specter - (Seamus) - (2)
         He almost always plays both side of the issue - (crazy) - (1)
             Re: He almost always plays both side of the issue - (Seamus)

Like a cat on a hot tin roof.
73 ms