IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Gonzales Steps Down
[link|http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a4Fim1Q8iLrQ&refer=home|Bloomberg]
Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, accused by lawmakers of politicizing the U.S. Justice Department and misleading Congress over the firing of U.S. prosecutors and wiretapping of suspected terrorists, is resigning, Bush administration officials said.

The officials, who requested anonymity, confirmed a New York Times report that Gonzales is stepping down. Gonzales will hold a news conference at 10:30 a.m. Washington time.

I would guess that the odd timing is a result of just having found somebody willing to take the job. Rumor points to Chertoff, but would be a hard sell in Congress. It occurs to me that the timing might also be aimed at a recess appointment, but trying to do that to the AG would be a violently radical move.

In any case, good riddance. Gonzales managed the amazing feat of making Ashcroft look good, but other then that achieved nothing while in office.

Jay
New A.G.A.G. "does not remember resigning"
"I know I decided to resign in order end the distraction my tenure has caused from the administration's other lawbreaking efforts but I do not recall actually making the decision".
-----------------------------------------
Atheism is a religion in the same sense that not collecting stamps is a hobby.
New :-D
New \ufffdSayonara dummkopf pindejo cabron!

New you forgot maricon, it goes before the goat
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New and gawd bless Josh Marshall
His [link|http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/|Talking Points Memo] latched onto the story last year when it was well below the radar of the courtier class. At the beginning of this year Time's DC bureau chief was [link|http://time-blog.com/swampland/2007/01/running_massacre.html|sneering] at TPM for peddling "broad partisan conspiracies where none likely exist." The "sensible people" (in David Broder's lofty formulation) knew that there was nothing to see here, people, move on. Yeah, more like move on dot-org, motherfuckers! Abu Gonzales' scalp belongs to Josh, and may he wear it proudly on his belt.

I remain heartened by the emergence of the blogosphere, a techno-organizational scheme wielded to date so much more deftly by the oppo than it has been by the junta and its fellow travelers of various shades. Unless the Zombie Republicans are displaced after next year, however, I fear that moves will be made (under the umbrella of the forces at present opposing "net neutrality") to line these arteries of information with a thick layer of plaque before the next election cycle.

In this context it's nice to learn that the loathsome [link|http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/docs/craig-arrest-doc/|Larry Craig] just stepped on his dork. He's up for another election next year, I believe, and it may be that his renomination is no longer a sure thing. Neighboring Montana has a slight case of the "blue flu"—might it spread west? And what is it about these closeted "family values" Zombie-Rs?

cordially,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New 'It's Morning in America' - speaking of revitalized
tawdry slogans - uttered by [link|http://www.tpmmuckraker.com/archives/004013.php| David Iglesias].

How appropriate, as I look outside at the missing-moon just now: Total Eclipse.
May the phenom symbolize the waning days of this lunatic Monstrous Regiment \ufffd T. Pratchett

(Sorry, Texans - but billions of people will be imagining that too-many of you are just like these pathetic empty suits (abetted by Crawford's environs - allegedly looking a lot like a moonscape?)
Not fair, of course -- but then, nobody did bother to slime the compound, either.

As for Alberto-the-Lesser: may he sleep fitfully, always wondering when -??- that subpoena might arrive, even from This gutless bunch. Maybe it's safer for them to pile-on now.

New Re: odd timing
They had to wait until everyone was away on vacation to make it look like it was Gonzales's idea.

Anyone fooled? :)
Alex

Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law. -- Sophocles (496? - 406 BCE)
     Gonzales Steps Down - (JayMehaffey) - (7)
         A.G.A.G. "does not remember resigning" - (Silverlock) - (1)
             :-D -NT - (Another Scott)
         \ufffdSayonara dummkopf pindejo cabron! -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
             you forgot maricon, it goes before the goat -NT - (boxley)
         and gawd bless Josh Marshall - (rcareaga) - (1)
             'It's Morning in America' - speaking of revitalized - (Ashton)
         Re: odd timing - (a6l6e6x)

Note: this is not exactly the safest place for your hand.
74 ms