IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Unless you think Shakespeare missed something important
(?) ought you to be surprised at the repetitive nature of human folly.. or more recently, B. Russell's little cartoon + quip,
Since the beginning man has never refrained from any folly of which he is capable.

Upthread a bit - we have The Ox's link to a nicely iconoclastic description of how we've Bowdlerized even our concept of male/female and built a culture to prevent anyone from realizing just how screwed up we are - on the most basic of levels. (Hey! at least the lady had the balls to take a shot at Mr. M. Chauvinist Pig hisself! Oughtta be worth as many kudos as the Rambo icon, no?).

Checks & Balances. Pondered that one. Given the (obviously declining) attention span du jour, the equally declining individual experience of ever reading.. a variety of 'histories'? and other retrograde indications:

Why would you imagine that 'checks & balances' are anything other than .. Me! and Thee! regurgitating the Obvious, to the Unwilling and often comatose... however ineptly, given we aren't Will S. or Bertie R. ??

*WE* = new people all the time! ARE ALL we ever get of Checks & Balances. Fall asleep for too large a % of a generation, and what you get are:

A Scalia, a Rhenquist; a Dan Quayle, a Dubya ... and recently: GOVERNMENT er "Faith-Based" subsidies and a Calvinist Ashcroft - offended at a STATUE !! (maybe if he has 2 kids, he's fucked twice - and still regrets the shameful experience with such a Godless harlot who would permit it. Oh the Evil Temptress!)

There will be no Final Solution to the forgetfulness of our species; ditto IMHO - no one has yet collected better ingredients for living despite our idiocies: than the US Constitution, product of prodigious minds AND hearts.

We are all Sisyphus here. Best get ready pushing that stone Up the hill from whence it rolled.. in response to the debilitating effects of the Least Common Denominator of homo-saps: the Bone-lazy Opportunist, driven by puerile greed.

Toil + cheers,

Ashton
New So, is ya a Libreel or ain't ya?
Sound and fury. Walking shadows... You even threw in Ecclesiastes for me up above in yonder threads...

I spose your favorite movies are "The World According to Garp" and "Harold and Maude"? Two of mine...

I posted to this thread merely to get the opportunity to bring up the name Adlai Stevenson, someone who died when I was 4, but I've admired for as long as I can remember.

The Danofesto is will need a few more years while I try and sort out what I "really" think. In the meantime, I just try and plagarize some of your festos? K?
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

"I'll tip my hat to the new constitution, take a bow for the new revolution, smile and grin at the change all around, pick up my guitar and play, just like yesterday..."

P. Townshend

"Nietzsche has an S in it"
Celina Jones
     A possible explanation of liberalism - (marlowe) - (38)
         Ya trolling for something? - (screamer) - (37)
             I find myself in a strange position... - (Silverlock) - (32)
                 Even stranger... - (bepatient) - (2)
                     Et moi.. Migawd~!____it's full of stars! - (Ashton)
                     And lions will lie down with lambs... - (jb4)
                 And I find myself in an even stranger one... - (screamer) - (28)
                     Do it! - (Brandioch) - (5)
                         I'll start. Here's my link... - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                             I didn't know... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                 Sorry for the deception - kindred spirit only I'm afraid ;-) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                         Can I have some fries with that manifesto? - (screamer) - (1)
                             As to that Danofesto.. - (Ashton)
                     still working on mine but like this one - (boxley) - (7)
                         Great catalog of familiar vanities, but - (Ashton) - (5)
                             Did you ever make to the Stone or the Fillmores? - (screamer) - (1)
                                 Just.. Mothers (of Invention) at the Fillmore, mostly. - (Ashton)
                             too busy dodging Manson's bevy of beauties :) - (boxley) - (2)
                                 Inevitably the saner parts were eclipsed by the usual.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                     That was an absolutely great rant and it was hard - (boxley)
                         Finally got around to reading it - (drewk)
                     I like those definitions. - (Brandioch) - (13)
                         liberal thought in 1962 - (boxley) - (2)
                             Funny... - (jb4) - (1)
                                 bobbyK!=ashole? him and his brother boinking - (boxley)
                         You say chicken, I say egg? - (screamer) - (8)
                             Toe-may-toe or Tah-mah-toe? - (Brandioch) - (7)
                                 You say "arms" and I say "nukes"... - (screamer) - (6)
                                     Nuke 'em 'till they glow. - (Brandioch) - (5)
                                         It is all a matter of degrees - (screamer) - (4)
                                             Unless you think Shakespeare missed something important - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                 So, is ya a Libreel or ain't ya? - (screamer)
                                             "Altruism"? You make me laugh! - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                 The Founding Mothers were so prescient that, - (Ashton)
                         Re: I like those definitions. - (Durandal)
             2-dimensional axis - (wharris2) - (3)
                 Try this one - (drewk) - (2)
                     at least one sneaky question in there - (boxley)
                     Kick ass! - (Brandioch)

Skulduggery!
93 ms