IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Escaping Charlotte heat.
Camping at Balsam Mountain Campground on the Southeast edge of the [link|http://www.nps.gov/grsm/|Great Smoky Mountains National Park]. If I can believe the GPS system at elevation of 5400 feet. 15 to 20 degrees cooler than Charlotte and where one doesn't have to be an indoor hermit.

Obviously, my internet via Satellite system is functioning.
Alex

Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law. -- Sophocles (496? - 406 BCE)
New Step away from the laptop, sir. NOW.
You have taken a computer with you on a camping trip? Isn't that, you know, kind of missing the point of camping?

red in tooth and claw,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New Heh.
I took mine with me on my vacation to the 12th century.

Of course I didn't use it much - I relinquished it to the sone of a friend of mine - not many of his friends came this time, and it kept him happy...

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New You should see his GETUP!
His camping equipment... is not what the average "hiker" uses.

V10 motor, self-contained water and sewage, refrigerator, sink, table and other things... all on a rolling self-propelled structure.

Camping per say, yes, but...
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
PGP key: 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0  2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
Alternate Fingerprint: 09F9 1102 9D74  E35B D841 56C5 6356 88C0
Alternate Fingerprint: 455F E104 22CA  29C4 933F 9505 2B79 2AB2
New Well, I don't sit at it all day.
Technically, I'm "boondocking", i.e. no water, electric, or sewer connections. So, I rely on my solar panels and the 4 KW generator to recharge my "house batteries" for power. The generator can only be run during certain hours. The batteries supply the power to the laptop and satellite modem.

Just last night I watched the reddest sunset I've ever seen. I realized that it was because the sun was setting on the horizon much more below the local horizontal plane than I've ever noticed. Gorgeous!
Alex

Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law. -- Sophocles (496? - 406 BCE)
     Escaping Charlotte heat. - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
         Step away from the laptop, sir. NOW. - (rcareaga) - (3)
             Heh. - (imric)
             You should see his GETUP! - (folkert)
             Well, I don't sit at it all day. - (a6l6e6x)

This isn't beer, this is lemonade.
180 ms