IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So your solutiuon is to turn yourself into a hacker?
Anyone with half a brain will be able to link the old to this...so to add insult to injury you've now hit the public record with threatening behavior.

Based on the limited amount I know of the current situation, I doubt that was your intention...it is, however, now the result.

Think this through very carefully.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Oooo . . now BP's going to be pounced upon . . .
. . for politically incorrect use of the honorable term "hacker".
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Probably...but it >is< the common use of the term now
and I have more respect for his abilities as a programmer than to call him out on this activity (which only qualifies him currently as a script kiddy).

He's definitely threatening "Black Hat" activity, though.
New I know it >is< the common use, and I use it . . .
. . exactly that way - which is why I'm constantly pounced upon by PC (politically correct - not personal computer) geeks and nerds.

This despite the current usage being more appropriate. The term "hacker" may have come from makers of crude furniture and in computers originally referred to unplanned and crudely executed code - a "hack".

Now the coding community is trying to enforce it as a designation of skill and respect. It's an exercise in futility, but then what can you expect from members of a community that accepts "nerd" and "geek" as perfectly acceptable designations for themselves.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New I know you know that I know that you know
and everything else that you said. :-)
New OK...now which one of you is going to change...
his/her handle to "D. Rumsfeld"?
jb4
"It's hard for me, you know, living in this beautiful White House, to give you a firsthand assessment."
George W. Bush, when asked if he believed Iraq was in a state of civil war (Newsweek, 26 Feb 07)
New I'm already a vandal - right?
I edited my content - no rule against that.

The whole world goes apeshit because of a design flaw in the software.
Clue - edited posts over one month old shouldn't be marked unread. Fixed. Fuck.

If I meant harm - you'd still be cleaning up.
Expand Edited by asshat Aug. 22, 2007, 01:06:43 PM EDT
New Dependent on reaction
An "oops, sorry" would have removed that tag.

A chest thumping "I'll do worse if you don't do what I want" probably won't do much.

And ANY new activity should get a corresponding "unread" mark, no matter how old, regardless of how you think it should work. That was the entire point of adding that feature in the first place...based on the activity of another former member. (assumption being you are deciding to become another former member for whatever reason).
New step back and take a deep breath
you annoyed a bunch of people unintentionally. The guidelines also state that drive by flaming is not allowed. Drive by empty messages "could" be construed as such. Instead of threats etc just go oops and hang around (welcome from me at least) or go away, no other action is either required or needed.
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
     okay, burn his ass -NT - (boxley) - (21)
         I've restored and locked his posts. - (admin) - (20)
             WTF! - (boxley)
             There was no vandalism - (asshat) - (18)
                 Ban the fscker to boot. -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                     And the call the feds on first hint of further attack. -NT - (crazy)
                     Yeah - change his username and password - (asshat)
                 Behave and stop making threats - (Lily)
                 Don't go there. - (Another Scott)
                 dont even think about going there - (boxley)
                 So your solutiuon is to turn yourself into a hacker? - (bepatient) - (8)
                     Oooo . . now BP's going to be pounced upon . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                         Probably...but it >is< the common use of the term now - (bepatient) - (3)
                             I know it >is< the common use, and I use it . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                 I know you know that I know that you know - (bepatient) - (1)
                                     OK...now which one of you is going to change... - (jb4)
                     I'm already a vandal - right? - (asshat) - (2)
                         Dependent on reaction - (bepatient)
                         step back and take a deep breath - (boxley)
                 Re: There was no vandalism - (admin) - (2)
                     Sorry - that was low - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                         I still don't get it. And neither, it seems, do you. - (CRConrad)

That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumblebee!
158 ms