IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Western medicine.
I, too, have been fighting ovarian cancer for the last 18 months. Would I abandon traditional western medical treatment that has been proven to be effective for crystal healing, smudging, reiki,acupuncture, etc, etc? No. Of course not. But will I abandon my belief that western medicine is not the be-all and end-all of healing? Of course not. We know so little about energy in our bodies. We know that the brain creates electrical waves, and in my opinion, this is just the tip the iceberg. More and more progressive medical practices are incorporating alternative methods of energy healing into their treatment plans for patients, and as this becomes more and more mainstream I'm sure we will see more studies about the effectiveness of these treatments.

And so what if it is a placebo? The body has an amazing capacity to heal itself. I really dont care how I get well. The goal is to get well.

So I bought some crystals- specifically quartz and black tourmaline because they both have electrical effects and on some level, that makes sense to me. I can attach some science to it. Besides, it cant hurt. Might help. When I hold them I calm my mind and if they provide no benefit other than that, I dont care. That is enough and it helps. And they are beautiful and I like to look at them and that makes me feel better, too.
New :-(
If it makes you feel better, that's fine. Feeling good is very important.

I'm sending you my best wishes. Hang in there.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Not to worry
I'm doing well. The worst part is the hormonal changes. A couple weeks ago the doc implanted a little gizmo inside me that releases hormones instead of having to take systemic oral meds. Now that I've recovered from the procedure I feel fine. It seems to be helping. I'm less bitchy, which makes everyone happy. :-)
New Hang in there
You already know better than I, a few things that appear to assist the immune system in doing the job it does better than most of our special-purpose nostrums - like least-processed foods, wild salmon (?) and other options which intend to give the poor liver a break, too.

Pity we don't know much at all re how best to directly aid that system - since it is credited with sending in Fatherland Security to gobble up the teensy nascent tumors that are expected to occur in all of us (for reasons known/ not yet known.)

Wish you all luck in triage - of the mountain of conflicting sorta-data, growing daily.
At least you have direct access, presumably by now, too - a sense of (which? doctors got As.)

Cheers,
Ashton

New Wild salmon for a vegetarian?
Alex

Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law. -- Sophocles (496? - 406 BCE)
New It's all in the definition.
"Vegetarians" on the east coast of India designate fish as "fruit of the sea", and it's OK to eat fruit.

Unfortunately our Lily would be thinking about the various parasitic worms that inhabit wild salmon and it'd probably spoil her appetite.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Boy, you really know me, dont you?
New Ditto on that thought!
Alex

Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law. -- Sophocles (496? - 406 BCE)
     Western medicine. - (Lily) - (7)
         :-( - (Another Scott) - (6)
             Not to worry - (Lily) - (4)
                 Hang in there - (Ashton) - (3)
                     Wild salmon for a vegetarian? -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                         It's all in the definition. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                             Boy, you really know me, dont you? -NT - (Lily)
             Ditto on that thought! -NT - (a6l6e6x)

NOO..OOO - not WD-40!
70 ms