IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I'm not talking about religion or moral authority
I'm talking about faith, which is entirely different.
New I am talking about faith
When believing in something, you claim the specific methods are arbitrary. Followers of science have chosen their faith with a bit more discrimination. Lots of improvements can be clearly traced to scientific study. Someone searching for truth in subatomic physics has more reason to believe it might achieve something than other methods. No guarantee, of course, but the choice is less arbitrary.

Matthew Greet

Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a fucking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose DIY and wondering who the fuck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing fucking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, fucked up brats you spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?
- Mark Renton, Trainspotting.
     One man's journey into and out of faith - (JayMehaffey) - (44)
         Did you hear his inteview on NPR? - (mmoffitt)
         part of the problem is - (boxley) - (1)
             ICLRPD - (static)
         The thing about faith - (Lily) - (38)
             Very good. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
             Nonsense. - (mmoffitt) - (31)
                 ehhh, bite me - (Lily) - (30)
                     And why would "something greater" be interested in humans? - (mmoffitt) - (29)
                         Because humans are part of it. -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (21)
                             See: arrogance. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (20)
                                 The arrogance is entirely yours. - (Andrew Grygus) - (19)
                                     Um, Point == Missed. - (mmoffitt) - (18)
                                         So since strict science can't do this job . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (17)
                                             Science isn't interested. - (mmoffitt) - (16)
                                                 Yes. - (Andrew Grygus) - (15)
                                                     Okay. - (mmoffitt) - (14)
                                                         Practice, and learn to transcend your limitations :) -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                         Look up 'tesseract', for a start - (Ashton) - (12)
                                                             Lower cannot comprehend higher. - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                                                                 It says: 'enlightenment' is possible . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
                                                                     Communication on the topic is impossible. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                                                         Many things have been 'impossible' . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                                                                             A definition will never be possible. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                                                 Re: A definition will never be possible. - (Ashton) - (4)
                                                                                     But that glimpse is not possible in this case. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                                         Irony is reserved to the Jaded. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                                                             Well said and quoted. And ... - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                                                 \ufffdPrec\ufffdsamente! grasshoppers auf die welt -NT - (Ashton)
                                                                 I seem to recall an LRPD like that... - (jb4) - (1)
                                                                     Close - (crazy)
                         why do dogs worship humans? and some humans return the favor -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                             I'm not a "God in my image" fan. ;0) - (mmoffitt)
                         Indeed. - (ubernostrum) - (4)
                             Reddish herring, I wot - - (Ashton)
                             Further, we are composed entirely of . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                 Awomen to that last.. -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                     Ibid. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             Subatomic particles don't claim to be a moral authority - (warmachine) - (3)
                 Ah yes, and the method is - - (Ashton)
                 I'm not talking about religion or moral authority - (Lily) - (1)
                     I am talking about faith - (warmachine)
             Ghod is a muon! /me likes!!! - (jb4)
         Truly. - (static)
         Nice find. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)

If I wanted conversations like that, I'd talk to my girlfriend on the phone.
65 ms