IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New That is part of the problem
It's not that I think our peculiar duopoly ("a single party with two right wings" was originally Gore Vidal's formulation, I believe) is a praiseworthy system, although until recent decades it did a serviceable job of locking the lunatic fringe out of the action, but you conduct your opposition with the party you have, not the party you want, and given the monstrous, cruel and uncouth thing that walks the land in the muddy raiments of the old GOP, the moral equivalence Sheehan here advances is pernicious.

There is a big group of Democratic politicians and campaign strategists who are also aware of that line of thinking and are actively working to be 1/2 step less evil then the Republicans.

Jay
New We advance (or retreat from wickedness) by increments
To spurn the lesser of two evils is all to often to gorge the greater. I'll take that half step and push for another. Sheehan and Nader seem to imagine that we are blessed with [link|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven-league_boots|seven-league boots]. Note the referenced caution from Pratchett.

cordially,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
     Cindy reminds us of, 'The One Party With Two Right Wings' - (Ashton) - (4)
         Oh geez, Ashton, where to begin? - (rcareaga) - (3)
             Re: Oh geez, Ashton, where to begin? - (Ashton)
             That is part of the problem - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                 We advance (or retreat from wickedness) by increments - (rcareaga)

Take a good plane and shave off all the edges.
93 ms