IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New British generals warn Afganistan must not go Taliban
[link|http://observer.guardian.co.uk/world/story/0,,2126817,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=12|Observer UK]
Britain's most senior generals have issued a blunt warning to Downing Street that the military campaign in Afghanistan is facing a catastrophic failure, a development that could lead to an Islamist government seizing power in neighbouring Pakistan.

'The consequences of failure in Afghanistan are far greater than in Iraq,' he said. 'If we fail in Afghanistan then Pakistan goes down. The security problems for Britain would be massively multiplied. I think you could not then stop a widening regional war that would start off in warlordism but it would become essentially a war in the end between Sunni and Shia right across the Middle East.'

Normally I would dismiss such domino theory thinking, but Pakistan is already heading the wrong way and in danger of collapse. The wave of Taliban fighters that fled to Pakistan made the situation there much worse and have destabilized the country.

Jay
New the wave of taliban that were picked up by pakistan
as we politely waited at the outskirts of kabul shows that the islamic jihadis have been running everything but the presidency for a long time.
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
     British generals warn Afganistan must not go Taliban - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
         the wave of taliban that were picked up by pakistan - (boxley)

Even if you don't understand anything, you'll get to see the dots...
60 ms